Bikes in Dalian, China

How easy is it to get around Dalian, China with bicycles?? I've heard traffic can be kind of dangerous and heavy?? If you would recommend getting a bike, are they reasonably priced in China to buy? Or, would you suggest bringing one from the USA??  Thanks!!

Hello raidervolleyball14.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Dalian forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hey,

I know that bikes out here are pretty reasonably priced, more or less what you'd pay back home.  Traffic can be terrible, especially during rush hour but taxi's are usually the best and quickest way to get around.

Just a tip: don't cycle! :) the drivers here are so irresponsible that you'd be putting yourself at risk. There is no such thing here as cyclists way and from what I've seen, those who are brave enough to do it have ended  up regretting it!

Good luck
Becky

Thanks for the advice!! Do they have any kind of paved bike paths either in the downtown area or even out in the country??

Not too sure about the country but in the city there are none.... When i went to Beijing, every road had a right of way for bikes and an enclosed lane just for cyclists.... unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Dalian.

Becky