Moving to Brussels soon!

HI everyone!

my name is Eduardo, I'm currently living in London and will move to Brussels around December-January due to work. I haven't sorted out accommodation yet and have no clue what areas to avoid or what areas are the best "value for money". Probably this topic was discussed in previous treads, so, It would be brilliant if someone can redirect me to them or maybe make some novel suggestions. The offices are in Diegem so, I would like to look something in nearby areas or at least well connected to public transport.

Thanks!

Ed

Hi Eduardo!

Just like you I will be moving to Brussels soon (in mid-Nov). After long searching and doubts I have finally decided to rent a temporary flat for 2-3 weeks and to start searching for a permanent one upon my arrival since it is really very hard to take a decision only watching the photos and reading apts descriptions… I hope this period will be sufficient to find something nice! I plan to start communicating with Real estate companies/landlords prior my arrival in order to organize some visits in advance.
My friends are suggesting to avoid Gare-Midi  & Schaerbeek zones (though, my temp. home will be in this last one since it's really close to my future work place).

Good luck for your hunting!:)
Atene

Hi,

I'm about to arrive in Brussels by the end of the week and I did exactly the same thing Atene proposed. Seems to be a good idea to rent a temporary flat first and then do some househunting after you arrive in Brussels. As far as I know there are quite a few comapnies/people agreeing to short-term contracts. I can tell you about my experiences in a few days...

Apart from that, I was told that Ixelles and St. Gilles are nice places to live in, but I haven't checked them out on my own yet.

All the best & good luck
Josh

Thanks Atene, Josh

Will let you know how it goes, good luck with the hunt too!. :D

Eduardo

P.S. once we all are settled down why not have a meet up?!

We should definitely have one, I'm in! ;)

Most of Schaerbeek is fine.

Sure, it will be fun to meet other fresh expats :D

schoolmum, I believe my friends meant the area close to Gare de Nord.

gare du nord area is 3 communes, Bruxelles Ville, St Josse and Schaerbeek, yes no way would I live there either but it's a very small part of Brussels.

I'd look at exactly where in Diegem work would be and which public tranport routes are nearest. There are STIB and De Lijn buses as well as a train station. Many people cycle up from the Woluwes to that area, but they tend to be ones with families.

Even on a short term tent, aiming for less than 10 euro per m2 is reasonable, for a decent property, eg for 50m2, don't pay more than 500€ per month, unless you're after very high quality, the more you can get inclusive in the price, the better.

http://www.stib.be/netplan-plan-reseau.html?l=fr

hi, i am new comer on this site. Soon, i will be in Brussels next month, just feel a lit bit worry about the communication in French.
How do you prepare your French bro?

Yant
BB PIN 283cce4c

[Moderated: Please post an ad in Housing section]

I am here in Brussels now, live in Brusilia Tower.
It is amazing tower in Brussels.
But for a moment the weather is not friendly. Hope soon will be normal as in Paradise.
Hope to have an invitation to be with friends soon.

Have a nice day

Yant