Problems buying solar for home generator

Good morning...maybe you can give me some advice.....I have lived in Bandung for ten years.....friday I went to a Pertamina benzine/petrol outlet and asked to have a small container of solar/diesel filled up for our house generator. The service station attendant said they were not allowed to sell me Solar in a separate container....I asked the manager of the Pertamina petrol/benzine outlet and he did not allow us to buy solar even 4 - 5 litres..One staff man said we needed a police license to buy Solar in a container...is this normal or am I getting different treatment because I am a westerner? can you let me know how I can buy solar for my generator?

Easy enough.
Try:
Going to another Pertamina where the rule may be different.

Just go to one of a million roadside hawkers who sell the stuff.
You'll pay Rp500 or 1,000/L over the station cost but no one will care about any rules.

tks soooo much this is such good information......earlier i had no problem buying a small amount of "solar" at another Pertamina service station.....at the SS where we were refused they had a disturbing unbending attitude...

Believe favenci, not just foreigner that are bound of that rules, we are too. As was mas fred are saying is right or u can go at night and fill up, ask the local how to or find a small gas station.