Share your marathon/half marathon experience

I am planning to train myself for half marathon. experiences anyone?

:top: Good Luck !! Running Half Marathon or Full marathon is setting your own benchmark and pushing to the limits. It needs vigorous and dedicated training specially the full marathon. 4 months of it is sufficient for the half marathon and 6-8 months of good training is great for the full marathon. If you are starting from the scratch.

Thanks saimans :) 
Looks like you have done it! Isn't it?

TheLEgendlead and saimans and Christine I have added you folks for being so kind :) cheers

Hi andang,

Will it be your first time going for marathons? Are you planning to have some races as well?

Melissa

Oh yes @andang. Saimans is a pro level athlete.

Question for you Saimans (though a bit off-topic):
What about leg muscles training per your experience? The 'tibialis anteriors' really giving me hard time during/after Squash. Stamina is dependable now but the pain pushes me out of the court fast. I guess nothing serious else than muscle weakness. Any tips?

http://www.exrx.net/Images/Muscles/TibialisAnterior.gif

These ones I mean.

Hey Melissa
Yeah it will be my first time training for marathon .
However I have been a sportsperson all my life :)
How bout u?

TheLEgendlead : now we know who we got to catch hold of :)
Saimans please be my coach :)

andang wrote:

Looks like you have done it! Isn't it?

Welcome Dude. Yes have completed 6 Half marathons and 2 Full Marathons. Unfortunately i have not been training vigorously for the last one year, But will be going all guns to get back to the training schedule soon.....

andang wrote:

TheLEgendlead : now we know who we got to catch hold of :)
Saimans please be my coach :)

If you are in Riyadh there is a running club as Riyadh Road Runners with web page http://www.riyadhroadrunners.com/ Join them, this is the best you can get here, subjected to that you are from Riyadh.

Good Luck

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Oh yes @andang. Saimans is a pro level athlete.

Question for you Saimans (though a bit off-topic):
What about leg muscles training per your experience? The 'tibialis anteriors' really giving me hard time during/after Squash. Stamina is dependable now but the pain pushes me out of the court fast. I guess nothing serious else than muscle weakness. Any tips?

http://www.exrx.net/Images/Muscles/TibialisAnterior.gif

These ones I mean.

Eid Mabrook first of all and Lets have a game of squash Planned soon..... and get to know all the secrets for the great leg muscles !! :)

Great to hear saimans!
I am an American :)

Had I been in Riyadh could have planned it together!
Saimans is triathlon on ure list next?

andang wrote:

Great to hear saimans!
I am an American :)

My Mantra for Running,

RUN for FUN !!:)

6+2 is not a joke saimans!
Did u run for charity funding ?

andang wrote:

6+2 is not a joke saimans!
Did u run for charity funding ?

No, Never ran for Charity funding. I ran for myself and to push to the limits....

Amazing! I would be running for a cause

Appears from the thread that play squash too ! Sportsperson aha!

andang wrote:

Amazing! I would be running for a cause

Good Luck Buddy !! Enjoy running.....

Btw saimans sounds like "saimans the soldier":)