Can someone help me here

hi guys!

im alex, currently working Dammam as a travel consultant. i am planning to try my luck in applying for a job in Dubai. As far as i know, you can enter Dubai using your iqama granting that you belong to the qualified professions (not blue collar jobs) to avail of the visa (in dubai) upon arrival. on my iqama it says that i am a Computer Programmer. now my concern is, I am about to take my annual vacation and my iqama will be surrendered to my employer as way of gesture in exchanged to my passport. instead of going back to my country i will visit Dubai and search for a job (inshaallah i can find one). can i still be able to visit Dubai and apply for visa upon arrival granting that i only have a passport not with any iqama? or do i need to produce a photocopy of my iqama along with my passport with my employers stamp on it? hence, that i also possess an exit/reentry visa instead of Exit. my purpose is that if i can find a job there in Dubai, i will no longer come back in KSA. hence, if i cant find then i can still can comeback to KSA since i have an exit/reentry visa with me.

i really dont know if my plans are all correct. can anyone drop there experiences here? did anyone from here experienced the same thing? your response are greatly appreciated.

First thing: Are you a male? If yes, why is this icon appearing next to your user ID:
https://www.expat.com/forum/img/avatars/default-woman.gif
Confusing :whistle:

Let me highlight a couple of things:

- No one travels out of KSA with both iqama and a passport. Usually it's passport only. Do take iqama copy along though.

- Exit re-entry visas are for limited duration. Say it's 1 month. You have to get back before its expiry. If you don't, you are automatically black-listed for KSA visa (and entry) for 3 long years.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

- No one travels out of KSA with both iqama and a passport. Usually it's passport only.

Actually, my company gave me both on my trip to Dubai (but it's the only time it ever happened).  They said that Dubai immigration can demand both (but that didn't happen--in fact, being American I didn't even need a visa surprise! surprise!).

Alex, where are you from ? even if you have your passport, and come from a country where a visa is necessary, then you should probably get in contact with an Emirates airline travel agent and apply for a visit visa. If you are a Programmer, they wont let you enter Dubai, your visa page on the passport should state 'Manager'..

So get in contact with a Tour Operator.

Good Luck !

wow! i get overwhelmed with your responses. i did a little research and i think this takes time since i have to finish my contract before i can get my passport without any hassle or what not.

@LegenLeads im a man bro. i just did that for some reason. i;ll change that later. but thanks for the heads up.

kudos to your responses as well @alliecat and @Saud1979. God bless you guys.

Saud1979 wrote:

If you are a Programmer, they wont let you enter Dubai, your visa page on the passport should state 'Manager'..

Not true @Saud. I have the same profession on Saudi Iqama and I've been to many GCC countries. Always got on-arrival visas.

Also, many passports (like mine) don't have profession specified.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Saud1979 wrote:

If you are a Programmer, they wont let you enter Dubai, your visa page on the passport should state 'Manager'..

Not true @Saud. I have the same profession on Saudi Iqama and I've been to many GCC countries. Always got on-arrival visas.

What's your nationality ?

Saud1979 wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:
Saud1979 wrote:

We both share the same :)

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Saud1979 wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

We both share the same :)

My bad ! but I still feel it is case sensitive..