Architects?

just wondering if there are any architect/planner on here.

considering a job offer, so i am curious how's live in Beijing as a foreign architect?

wow i'm the only one on here!

Yup,

Looks like you are the only one here, but I know quite a few.

I just arrived a month ago, besides the bar I work as architect..... you're not the only one here niro

i arrived here about 1 month ago too, and i am an architect.

I arrived in to Guangzhou a month ago,also an architect and landscape architect.

I just arrived a month ago
I'm an architect  and landscape architect

in case you'll are interested, there is an exihbit, Urbanisms, at the link-hybrid (moma) by Holl; his projects in china.  went to the opening last night, cool large scale models/samples and slide shows, not to mention free drinks and hors d'oeuvres.
"The exhibition will be open to the public from May 16-June 30 from 10:00am to 7:30pm.  It is completely open to the public with free admission."

Probably I'm going to be in Beijing the first week of June and could take the opportunity of visiting the exhibit of Steven Holl work.
Thanks so much for your information.
Alfonso

Any advice about jobs in Beijing?
I'd appreciate it so much.

what sort of advise are you looking for?
you mean you are looking for a job in beijing?

Yes,I do.
Do you know somebody hiring or where could I start my research?

albeda,
i don't really know who is who in beijing but you can probably start here:
jobs.chinese-architects.com
you can also check profiles and inquire about positions and such.

of course you can always check here as well:
archinect.com/jobs/index.php?id=C0_256_30

Zen, I will try on those web sites.
Thanks again!
Enjoy the weekend

you can also try
http://www.abbs.com.cn/
and meijob.
Some of these don't have english but you can search architect and the english listings come out.  also abbs has a good database on different archi- firms and their web sites.

Hi Lulu:
I will try that one
Thanks so much for your help
We'll keep in touch

Lulu mentioned two not one...meijob.com is also good.

Hi Niro:
Thanks for your remark!

Hi Manlin:
Sorry for my cofusion.
Thanks for your remark

For those who are interested in getting design books .(overseas ones).  I just discovered that there are ppl that brings them to the office for selection.  CHEAP.  I  bought 2 today for 200.  Or if anyone knows of a good vender pls  give me his contacts! thanks.

Just started last week as an architect for a firm in Beijing, I guess there are lots of architects here, but too busy working ;)

I heard rumour there are english versions of the chinese building regulations... anyone know about it.?

The Americans have landed in Pinggu County, northeast of Beijing and have brought 10" milled logs to create a one-of-a-kind log home in Wendo Warm Woods Villas. Architect or not, you'll want to check this one out....and meet Dennis (from the Idaho mill from whence the logs came). He can be reached by email at [email protected]