Noise levels at night in Expat Areas like BKK! and Russian Market

Everyone likes a good nights sleep. In the Philippines you should make sure before you rent, you don't have a neighbor with a karaoke machine that can't sing. Then every weekend plays it so loud, you can hear it in Malaysia!

So I'm asking about street noise levels at night or is it better to rent in residential areas like Toul Kork? Any other suggested areas to live with minimal noise levels? Thanks in advance for your time and reply.

i have lived in both areas, my house near Russian market was close to a karaoke bar, which was loud. every night they had people singing. my house in bkk was a lot more quiet, and I lived in between monivong and 63

Then i had better do some research as i am looking to stay at a backpackers in Cebu city in Mango Ave,called Cebu Guesthouse.And i will not be happy if there are karoke bars near.Who knows that area?

I checked its location in a Cebu map.It's next to a business building and across the street from Jollibee's. So no bars or loud noise in that area.

I think you will find Phnom Penh okay, its not Pattaya or the Khao San Road where I have stayed and had some bad nights sleep.

My main gripe at times is Khmer men clearing their throats and spitting at 5am outside my apartment and hearing it from my bed.

phnom penh bound wrote:

I checked its location in a Cebu map.It's next to a business building and across the street from Jollibee's. So no bars or loud noise in that area.

Thanks for checking on a map.

Hi, I live in BKK1, between Monivong and 63, and I'm crazy about my location. It can get so quiet at night - I love it. Of course, you can never truly get away from the honking of tuk-tuks, cars etc as they approach intersections, but it's almost odd how quickly those sounds become background noise that you don't notice anymore...