Anyone Successfully Sent a Postcard Home?

So I just bought a few nice Cambodian postcards and they've been lying around for a while now, and I'm thinking maybe I really should send them out after all - it sounds kinda cool to send out postcards in this Internet age. (I have never sent out a single one my life.)

Thing is, has anyone tried and successfully sent out postcards from Cambodia? I have heard bad things about their postal service.

I've had post cards lying around for 8+ months, never sent anything from here to home, although i have received packages with no problem

I have sent letters to Denmark and Hong Kong, both got there fine, I have received a letter from the UK as well with no problem.

Thanks for your replies - good to hear the postal service is reliable. So where do we send out letters? Do we have to go to the post office to do that?

anthonyteo wrote:

Thanks for your replies - good to hear the postal service is reliable. So where do we send out letters? Do we have to go to the post office to do that?

Yes, go to the post office to send letters, quite low cost, I use the one near to Street 104, the main post office.

Thanks. :)

Hi Anthony,

I successfully sent Xmas Cards from Siem Reap a few years ago. The only (fairly) sure way it seems, is to go to the Post Office, buy the stamps, stick them on, and watch the Counter Assistant frank (chop) over the stamps, marking them.
That way they cannot steam off the stamps and resell them.
Sad isn't it!
Cheers
Reg

PS. They all arrived at their destinations!

sent many times, always arrived in 10 days to 2 weeks, to hk.india. sri lanka, france,germany,korea, indonesia

yup, everything reached its destination every single time .. except the incoming ones ...

incoming postcards from sri lanka, india arrived in 10 days.