Temporary jobs available

Hi everyone

I currently live in South Africa, but my boyfriend who is dutch lives in Holland. We have been doing the long distance thing for just over a year now, but it is extremely difficult.

I have never been over there, but he comes here every three months or so. I would love to move there but we are both still students and i am unable to get a visa to live there :(

I have decided to take three months off next year and go there on the Schengen visa but i would not afford to be unemployed for three months so was wondering would it be possible for me to get a job when im there or maybe even apply before i leave here. It would have to be a temporary job, preferrably part time as well. I dont speak dutch at all but obvioulsy am fluent in english.

Would it be difficult for me to find a job there just for the three months that i will be there for?

| have searched so many websites with seasonal/gap year jobs, but nothing seems to be available in Holland, or there are opportunities but not for South Africans :(

Any information will be much appreciated!

Hello Candz.

Have you tried to post an advert in the Jobs in Netherlands section? It may help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi,
If you are planning to go on a Schengen visa to the Netherlands you won't be allowed to work. Dutch regulations are super strict when it comes to work without the right permit and in most cases it will be impossible for a company to hire you without the right paper.

Maybe you can try to study there?