Danish boyfriend moving to Belgium

Hey everyone,

My boyfriend is Danish and currently still living in Denmark. He's planning on moving to Belgium though, this year or the next - when it's possible.

I was wondering if there were ANY of you that arrived here in Belgium and had nothing to begin with? I mean like no income and work and apartment.
And what you did to support yourselves or if you did get some financial support from somewhere in Belgium?

Those that did find work before coming here, how did you find it and/or do it?

My biggest concern is surviving here without an income when he arrives. I hope some of you might have the answer ready for me on what they did or where they went to to get some financial support somewhere?

Eve

If you're coming next year, I'd advise for you both to work in Denmark, and to save up so you have enough money on you both when you get here, to manage an appartment, and live off the saved money etc for aslong as you can while in search of a job here. Coming here with nothing, is very risky, and it can take months etc before the government will help out(even if they will or not).

I have family here, so luckily... But my personal experience is Belgians frown upon people who come here with nothing, looking for support... so I'd say try to work, save up, and try and plan things on forehand before making such a big decision without the needs to support it yourselves.

True that.  BUt then again, what country wants freeloaders?  Unless you're under political asylum.

Work, and money make the world go round.

Social assistance will take upto 3 months to become a resident.  I've been here since July 21, and I've not yet applied, because I know the best chances of getting it, will be if I'm working already.  If you become a resident, you can get welfare/dole etc...and they won't take that risk.