Moving from The Netherland and looking for appartment in Dublin.

Hi,

I'm Jaran, 25 and I just got a job at IBM starting 01-2013.

I am currently looking for an apartment(max 1100-1200)in Dublin but I could use some advise.

1. Where to live
2. Transportation
3. ...

The company is located in Ballycoolin Business Park, Ballycoolin Rd, Dublin 15 but I would like to live in the middle to avoid long bus rides.

I really appreciate any advise I can get!

Hi Jaran,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will advise you very soon.

You could have a look at this article as well: Accommodation in Ireland and do not hesitate to post an advert in the housing in Dublin section.

Hope this helps,
Christine

Hi Jaran,

I do not know that side of Dublin too well but with your budget you shouldn't have any problem to find something nice.
daft.ie is THE ultimate website to look for accommodation, everybody is on that site.
You can check dublin bus website to get an idea of distances and stuff but both the company and the website are known for being let's say just ok...

Just be aware that some of the areas within the M50 close to your workplace like Finglas are sometimes a bit rough... But then again I find Dublin very safe in general. Try to get an idea of what the neighborhood is like before you make up your mind. I would try to find somewhere not to far from center, a girl your age should/would/will definitely enjoy the buzz of Dublin which is the place to be to have a fun time.

Hope that helps

Pr X