School waiting lists

Hi,

We are considering a move to Bahrain as my husband has a job offer there. We have contacted some schools but have been told that they are full for that year and also the waiting list is full. The kids are aged 5 and 7 (so Reception yr and yr 2 I think) and we are Irish.

Does anyone know what the likelihood that a place will become available between now and Christmas as we can't organise accommodation until we have a school place ?

Hiya

These are the details for the senior admissions officer at St Christophers. Adorable lady. Drop her an email and she will get back to you.

Joanne Atkinson

Senior Admissions Officer
St. Christopher's School

Tel.       +973 17598500
Fax.      +973 17598492

http://education.expatfinder.com/school-search-bahrain

Hope this helps too

http://www.liveworkexplore.com/bahrain/ … ry-schools

Hi Gwen,
If you google enough you're gana find sevaral schools suitable for your kids age. The chances are less that something new comes up by Chrismas. But please contact as many schools as you can.. even if your kids get admitted in a non-preferred school, you can shift them when next scholar year starts.

All the best for your family,
Lulu (mother of 3 kids)

Thanks for all your helpful advice. Will probably be back on again with lots more questions before the move !

Gwen, any time, dear!

Sounding more positive about the move now which is great news :-)

True Jos!
And Gwen, hot months are over and it's a lovely weather right now.

Don't know if I should post this in separate topic but can anyone recommend good place for family accommodation close to Nadeen School and relatively close to highway for commute to Saudi.

Gwen, the areas near Nadeen school are um-alhasam, Adliya, Mahooz..
You see Bahrain is a very small island.. U can see it all in 90 min maximum, so all areas are next to each other..
Personally I would suggest Juffair as its a family friendly area.. which is only 10 -15 min from Nadeen school.
Don't worry, u'll be just find..
When is your arrival day?
Lulu

gwen72 wrote:

Don't know if I should post this in separate topic but can anyone recommend good place for family accommodation close to Nadeen School and relatively close to highway for commute to Saudi.

Mahooz and Adlyia are the ideal places for you, Family friendly areas with a very easy access to the Highway going to Saudi.

Hi Gwen,

I am also navigating the school waiting lists in Bahrain at the moment. We were planning to move in January but the two british schools we applied for have said there are no vacancies at this stage.

I am hesitant to put them into an alternative school while waiting for one of the british schools to come through so we may just stay here until the kids get places.

Does anybody know if lots of families leave/arrive over the new year? Just hoping something will come up after christmas.

I have heard that BSB are considering ways to put additional classes on due to their extensive waiting list.

Looks like there is demand for more international schools!

Silver356

People leave when their contracts expire and not really with the seasons. St Christophers is the best school for English speaking citizens. The teachers attitude alone is beyond anything I have ever experienced. My son hates french and got a D. He now loves it and is 2nd in his class. AFTER one half term. His teacher is amazing.

You can now see why the waiting list is so high.

We live in Saar, just behind the cinema. Takes hubby 40mins - 1hr to commute depending on the causeway. We are on the causeway doorstep

Call the schools (do unlimited calls to Bahrain on Skype for pennies) and have a chat.

I just saw St. Christopher's ad on Time Out magazine this month. This makes me think there are no waiting list for them, otherwise they wouldn't have advertised. I would give them a call. And I support Jo when it comes to the quality of the school. Heard so many good things about it. Don't know your budget but St. Christopher can be a bit pricey so be prepared though.

Hi everyone, finally have a moving date for the end of feb - very excited! Just wanted to ask someone what the school start/finish times are there and are they staggered for the different campuses (st chris's) and approximately how long does it take to get from one to he other?

Thanks......

Depends on the schools and where you live for the transfers. School starts 7.15am - 2.30pm (ish)

Good luck with the move. Not long now