Khmer lessons for beginners

Hi everyone,

I recently moved to PP and I'm now looking at taking Khmer lessons. I am a total beginner and I was thinking of gathering a small group of people (max 6) who would be interested in joining me.
My roommate has already expressed her interest, so we would need 4 more people.

Regarding the classes, I was thinking once a week, 1,5hour, learning conversational Khmer.

If you're interested, feel free to message me and then we can figure out other details.
In the meantime, I'm also contacting a couple of Khmer teachers and see if they would be interested in teaching a group of beginners.

Cheers,
Celine

Hi Celine,

I also just move in here. I am interested in the khmer lesson if there are vacancy still available..

Cheers

Hi Celine!

Maybe you should try posting an advert in the classes section of Phnom penh classifieds.
It might help!

Regards
Armand

First_Goodman wrote:

Hi Celine,

I also just move in here. I am interested in the khmer lesson if there are vacancy still available..

Cheers

Hi! Thanks for your reply.
I will keep you posted - I'm trying to find a teacher for now, and then I'll have more details!
Cheers

Ok, so I have found a teacher who is charging 15$ for 1h30 of lesson once a week.
We haven't decided of a place and time yet, as it would be better and easier to do so when I know who's on board, so that we can agree on a place and time that are convenient for everyone.

It would be good to gather 5 to 6 people, so let me know if you're interested!

Thanks,
Celine

Hi Celine,

I'm also interested, please keep me posted.

Thanks

Steve

Celine, I'm still in. Keep me posted.

I am too, but will be out of town till Nov 8.

15$ ??... r u serious?.. its maximum 5 $  for 1 hour ...

Aaliyah01 wrote:

15$ ??... r u serious?.. its maximum 5 $  for 1 hour ...

Yeah, that's the rate the teacher gave me...
Are you talking about 5$ for 1 hour per person, or for an hour class no matter how many people?
Because the 15$ for 1h30 is for the whole group, so that would be around 3$ per pers for a group of 5 people..

I'm new to PP so don't know the rate well. Feel free to let me know if it's a rip-off and I'll see if we should change the teacher or not.. Thanks!

Csieu, $15 per 90min for the group is reasonable.

ooooh.. for the group.. yap thats good , great actually , where r u guys meeting? u can all come at my home ,me got a whiteboard :)))

but 3 $ is a normal price for a even 1 on 1 meetings , 1 hr session :D, it costs 5 $ at Khmer School of Language at the Russian Market  for 1 hour , 1-1 session and they charged me 3$ for the first month but i understood that the teacher got payed 1, 5 $ and im not sure weather it was 1,5 cz of me paying 3 $ or  the regular income she has for the 5 $ sessions too ..so taking it like that 15 $ is a bit of a rip off ..

I haven't been here that long but $15 seems a bit steep by Cambodian prices

Aaliyah01 wrote:

but 3 $ is a normal price for a even 1 on 1 meetings , 1 hr session :D, it costs 5 $ at Khmer School of Language at the Russian Market  for 1 hour , 1-1 session and they charged me 3$ for the first month but i understood that the teacher got payed 1, 5 $ and im not sure weather it was 1,5 cz of me paying 3 $ or  the regular income she has for the 5 $ sessions too ..so taking it like that 15 $ is a bit of a rip off ..

I see. Well, I feel like language schools are always underpaying their teachers anyways...
Anyhow, we're gonna use this teacher I found for a trial period of November and see how it goes. Hopefully, he's great and we'll all be fluent very soon ;)

I'm interested. Let me know if there is romm for one more.

Ronni

i'm gonna be hangin' around for a month - might like to sit in, if 'yall would let me?

this room i have is large enough and i have the tables..still need extra chairs though but everyone is welcomed

Hi everyone,

Sorry, but the group is full - we have arranged with the teacher for a maximum of 6 people...
However, if any spot opens up, I'll let you know. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Celine

Hi there,

I would be interested and can attend any night. If anything gets confirmed, please get in touch.

Hello,

please post in the classifieds section - language classes

Closed