Greetings

Hi all,

I am about to take up a 12 month posting in Jakarta. I'm originally from Canada. I don't know the Indonesian language, I'm single, and I don't have friends in Indonesia so I will be grateful to meet new people. I'd really like to explore some of Indonesia and its culture so would be very interested to meet locals as well as expats.

Paul

Hello Paul.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

This will be your first time in Indonesia?

Thank you,
Aurélie

Indonesia will come to you.
Learn "How much?" and all the numbers first.
Next.
Walk into an Alfamart and check prices so you don't get ripped off.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 573#527221

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Expat.com.

2 things about Jakarta, the traffic is quite bad and the pollution is quite high. So don't get shocked about it.
And don't worry about bringing your jackets, it's quite hot here.

You might want to bring some cash when you shop around (Some shop dont accept card).

But the people are nice :-)

Hey,

I m also pretty new to jakarta and looking to meet some cool people to hang out in the city and have fun! Maybe we could have a drink sometimes!

see u

Hi Helly,

Welcome to Jakarta. Hope you are having a good time so far :)

Where about do you live in Jakarta?

Heyy Paul! I have pretty much lived in Indonesia for about 6 years in my childhood days. I am back here in Indonesia for work now. So know quite a bit about this place.

Hey Helly! Yess Maybe we all could get together for a drink and you know have a little get together. Will be fun.

Regards,

Ankit

Thank you all for the welcomes.

This looks to be a good place meet interesting people, to learn and to gather some useful information and tips.

I have visited Jakarta before, and am grateful for the opportunity to stay a while and explore some of Jakarta and Indonesia.

Do people in the Jakarta Expat.com community get together at all? I am sure there are individual friendships but wondered whether there is sometimes the opportunity to put animated faces to the people who chat on line.

If yes, then I am in. And if not, is there any reason why we couldn't meet? (Apart of course from the burdens of busy life, Jakarta traffic, and people stuck to firmly to their screens.)

Dear Paul,

welcome to Jakarta !!
what you need they have it all, lol
anyway, we can be friend also :)

regards,
Princess sandra

hi paul, helly. Welcome to jakarta....

I'm always up for food ventures :D

Nice small pub near Pondok Indah called De Hooi is decent, use to go there with my brit and french friends.