Cape Verde Island PART II

Yes; It is my great pleasure and gratitude to write about this wonderful and God blessed land; Cape Verde Island Part II. I think i will be directing this article for those big minds that wish to relocate to this Island.
You can no more bout Cape Verde if you wish by contacting me as i am not always here on this special site; Expat-blog; you can write me on my Email. [email protected]
Thanks and enjoy this article about the wonder land.

My first article about this non corrupt nation has giving me much awareness of people writing me from all over the world. NOTE. Every single thing that i write about this country is real and without addition or subtraction of any thing. I write this article from what i have seen; and what i am still seeing from the excellent land. I call it my Paradise.

Cape Verde Island is a God's destined avenue with multiple talents. One thing that keeps me marveled about this land is that she has no Natural resources; when i mean no natural resource; i mean Nothing absolutely so interesting or may be i should give you this little background information. Cape Verde, a West African archipelago, is a stable, multi-party parliamentary democracy. The African Party for the Independence of Cape Verde maintained its majority in the February 2011 legislative elections and installed Jose Maria Neves as prime minister; opposition leader Jorge Carlos Fonseca won the more ceremonial presidency in August. Cape Verde has few natural resources and is subject to frequent droughts and serious water shortages. Services dominate the economy, but light(electricity) industry, agriculture, and fishing employ a majority of the workforce, and these are the highest resources of the Nation. Cape Verde has close economic and political ties to the European Union, and its currency is pegged to the euro. The EU has granted Cape Verde special partnership status, under which Cape Verde and the EU cooperate to improve governance, security and stability, regional integration, and anti-poverty efforts. Cape Verde joined the World Trade Organization in 2008. With all these little effort that they have made; Yet God Almighty is lifting them up and very higher reaching the world lime light; the government of Cape Verde tries so hard to make this nation a great one; by maintaining good governance and freedom for all; non of Cape Verdeans ever dreamt of traveling out; because they are ok with what they have. Freedom for all including the citizens and her immigrants. Every time i wonder what the American nation love about this country; i kept thinking but yet i have not seen any quality reason. Because i think the American Nation always help countries that they might benefit from; but they have nothing to get from Cape Verde yet they are giving them all they need. But i believe in this economy;
Cape Verde's economic freedom score is 63.5, making its economy the 66th freest in the 2012 Index. Its overall score is 1.1 points worse than last year as a result of score declines in four of the 10 components of economic freedom, including business freedom and government spending. Cape Verde is ranked 4th out of 46 countries in the Sub-Saharan Africa region, and its overall score is much higher than the regional average. Strong economic performance reflects Cape Verde's commitment to reform. In many of the four pillars of economic freedom, this small island economy has achieved scores above world class averages. The foundations of economic freedom are solid, with property rights strongly protected in comparison to other economies in the region. The overall entrepreneurial environment benefits from high levels of regulatory flexibility and efficiency, although reform of the business start-up process has slowed. The tax regime is conducive to vibrant entrepreneurial activity, as are policies that support free trade and open markets. Public spending has been expansionary in recent years, resulting in widening deficits.
Private property is fairly well protected. The constitutional provision for an independent judiciary is generally respected, but the judicial system is inefficient, with the case backlog resulting in delays. Several recently signed treaties provide stronger protection for intellectual property. Political and economic governance is generally regarded as among the region's best, behind Botswana and South Africa.
The business environment has gradually become more efficient. The process for launching a business is more streamlined, and licensing requirements are less burdensome. Modern and efficient bankruptcy procedures are not fully developed. Employment regulations remain rigid despite recent reform efforts. The market determines most prices, and inflation has been modest.
The trade weighted tariff is 11.6 percent. Non-tariff barriers include restrictions on services market access. Foreign investment is officially encouraged and receives the same treatment as domestic investment. Most sectors are open, but all foreign investment requires prior authorization. With credit generally allocated on market terms, small and medium-size enterprises have increasingly adequate access to financing.

CONTENT TYPE: Press release
COUNTRY TYPE: Cape Verde.
ANTI-CORRUPTION AND THE UN ARMS TRADE TREATY:
Transparency International is calling for the inclusion of truly robust anti-corruption mechanisms for the UN Arms Trade Treaty (ATT). Although more than 60 UN Member States are supporting this in the negotiations currently taking place in New York, the new treaty texts make no reference to corruption.

In West Africa, the least corrupt country is Cape Verde with scores of 5.5 points.
The scores of other West African countries are listed below:
Benin: 3.0, Burkina Faso: 3.0, Ivory Coast: 2.2, Cape Verde: 5.5, Gambia: 3.5, Ghana: 3.9,
Guinea: 2.1, Guinea-Bissau: 2.2, Liberia: 3.2, Mali: 2.8, Mauritania: 2.4, Niger: 2.5, Nigeria: 2.4, Senegal: 2.9, Sierra Leone: 2.5, Togo: 2.4.

Information For people coming for Holidays... i have this little info for you.
Welcome to the ‘new Caribbean', Cape Verde is slowly making a name for itself as a tourist destination, promoting itself based on the beauty of its beaches, its colonial Portuguese history and its rich local culture. The larger and most inhabited islands in the archipelago have yet to be spoilt by major commercial development so peace, tranquillity and the sense of being in a genuinely unspoiled paradise are also among its biggest draws.
Santiago, the largest island and the Capital City, offers enough to keep visitors occupied for the duration of a holiday; however, island-hopping around the archipelago is so easy that you'd be foolish to miss out on the opportunity to see the sights of the main islands São Vicente, Sal, Boa Vista, Santo Antão, Fogo and Maio (there are 10 islands in total). All of the islands have their own gorgeous beaches so when you're done viewing the interesting colonial architecture, there's plenty of opportunity for relaxing on the golden sands and enjoying the awesome views across the archipelago.
The Weather..
Cape Verde's climate is tropical in nature and temperatures are relatively constant for most of the year. The best time to visit is between April and July when the threat of rain is low (almost non-existent) and temperatures are hot but not blisteringly so. During this period you can expect the mercury to rise to the mid-20s (°C) at the hottest part of the day.
The country is dry for the best part of the year but experiences a rainy season between August and October. September is the wettest of these months and can see over 100mm of rain. The wet season is also the hottest period of the year with highs reaching in the upper 20s (°C).
CAPE VERDE HIGHLIGHTS - Places to Visit
- Santiago: is Cape Verde's largest and most populous island, part of the southern island group and characterised by mountainous landscapes carpeted with lush green trees and plant life. For sightseeing, skip the capital Praia and head to the World Heritage town of Cidade Velha, the island's first Portuguese settlement, where you can witness the Fort Real de San Felipe plus various old buildings and ruins. The island's beaches are lovely and one of the best can be found at the fishing village of Tarrafal, the same destination at which the old colonial prison of Salazar the Portuguese dictator can be found. kebra Canel beach and many more.

- São Vicente: is considered the most cosmopolitan and culturally-rich island in the archipelago. It is best known for Mindelo, a port town with plenty of aesthetically pleasing colonial architecture as well as a lively ambience bolstered by the annual International Jazz and Capoeira festivals. The live music scene on the island is vibrant and famous for having produced the internationally acclaimed singer Cesaria Evora. Visitors can easily spend three days enjoying the island's cultural attractions.

- Sal and Boa Vista: give yourself two to three days on Sal, the island named after the salt pits that were dug to serve the needs of the Portuguese empire. Sal is the archipelago's most developed island and among its most populous. Espargos is Sal's main town and where most of the local action can be found, as well as the bulk of its colonial architecture. If somewhere a little quieter is desired, head for the village of Santa Maria with its tranquil and paradise-like beach, where activities such as diving and windsurfing can be pursued. Boa Vista is not left out.
CAPE VERDE HOSPITALITY - Eat, Drink, Sleep
- Food and Eating Out: Santiago and Sal offer the best selection of restaurants of all the islands in the archipelago, and visitors will find eateries offering both local and European cuisines. Popular local dishes to look out for include the lobster dish known as lagostada, the bean-based dish known as chachupa or kachupa and the toasted ham and cheese sandwich known as tosta mista. Also worth a sample is the delicious shellfish soup known as caldo de camarão à moda da mãe bibi (a mouthful indeed!) and the shrimps in wine dish known as camarão em vinha de alhos.

- Entertainment and Nightlife: Nightlife options are somewhat limited and tend to be restricted to the offerings of larger hotels, at which shows and live music are common. Many hotels also have their own discotheques where the musical playlists may not be the height of ‘cool' but the atmospheres are lively. The alternative is to find one of the small beach bars where you can enjoy a more authentic local vibe.

- Accommodation: Santiago and Sal offer the best selections of hotels. As Cape Verde is doing its best to establish itself as an attractive holiday destination, visitors will find hotel staff and proprietors are keen to please and hence the standard of service is high. Try Booking.com for hotel deals in Cape Verde.
I have more or many to talk about this blessed land; but i have to stop here for all these are my real writings. You can no more if you wish by contacting me as i am not always here on this special site; Expat-blog; you can write me on my Email. [email protected]
Thanks if you enjoy my article about the wonder land.
God bless us all... Amen

Nice read there. Really gives a lot of good insight into Cape Verde. I'm planning to move there in April 2013. Hope to see you there!

We will be looking forward to see you. You are always welcome
Have a nice planning.
Tchau...

Gr8 info u av given out... It's truly a wondaland. Bt wat about make a livin in dat peaceful island. Datz if I relocate 2 CV?

It is good to hear about your "paradise".  I am thinking of moving down from Norway to CP.
My plan is to sail down in my sailboat, and live on the yacht in the beginning. But I plan to stay in Canary Island during the summer and CV in the winter (Des-Jun).  So my question is more about paperwork or restrictions. I hope to be self-employed, but wonder if I need to register a business in CV to do so and what is needed for staying in CV 5-7 months a year?
I guess you do not have answer for all my questions, but if you could answer one ore two of them it would help.
Regards
Svein

@FlyParamotor -> Why don't you start a new thread with your questions on the Cape Verde forum? This will allow better interaction. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

@Fly.....
Hello I am sorry, just getting to read your message now.
Generally about documents, Cape Verde is very easy,
because the government welcomes investors.
When you first arrive with your sailboat, all you need to do is to get the Visa at the port point of Entry..
The visa cost 40-50euros.
If you need a business in CV all you need is to Enter first, the paper works are easy and stressfree.
You are always welcomed, do not hesitate to contact me through email if you have other questions. [email protected]
Have a nice weeken.
Alfred.

@Jef....
making a living here depends on what you are doing.
Graduate jobs are really paying high.. Local business are doing great.
It depends on you.
Thanks

How are you and what have you done lately,
Did you finnaly move here in Cape Verde, and where are you living now?
Would love to hear from you and your experience.
Thanks