Can I work under my husband's work permit?

Hi,

I would like to know if I can work under my husband's visa or do i have to obtain my own. If I have to obtain my own, will it be difficult? I am degreed qualified with years experience in hospitality management, public relations and wedding/events planning.

Thank you

in kuwait, i do not think, you can work on your husbands visa.. you need to obtain your own visa to work..regarding your obtainment of job in kuwait, it depends on your qualification, experience and expertise.. so, post in classifieds.. you may find one...look for local news papers and online web sites.. look for bayt.com the biggest job portal in middle east

Thanks Livekrish, you have been most helpful

Hi R!

Yes you can work under your husband's sponsorship visa, I did. However, some workplace would tell you and transfer your visa to their sponsorship if required.  Normally the workplace has a messenger " mandoob"  who speaks the lingo and will do all the paperwork for you.

To deal with the ministry here is an experience in itself, and the language barrier doesn't help. So if you have that in mind you don't get shocked and get help if you need to!

All the best!

Rhina

Rhina,

Thanks for the information. I hope I get lucky with employment. Do you know if there are a lot of opportunities for part-time work? or is full-time the norm?

Dioumanr wrote:

Hi R!

Yes you can work under your husband's sponsorship visa, I did. However, some workplace would tell you and transfer your visa to their sponsorship if required.  Normally the workplace has a messenger " mandoob"  who speaks the lingo and will do all the paperwork for you.

To deal with the ministry here is an experience in itself, and the language barrier doesn't help. So if you have that in mind you don't get shocked and get help if you need to!

All the best!

Rhina

==============

i think it is not legal. please check with the HR before taking the job. you will not end up in trouble later on

Part-time work is illegal in Kuwait. You need to have avalid working visa to work here (Visa 18 for Private companies and/or Visa 17 for those in the government/ministry). It is advisable to check the Classified ads for Vacancies. Goodluck :)

Thanks for letting me know Duresprit

Hi

I have no idea about the legalities but any company you join, if they are worth your while will be able to talk you through what you need to do.

However for your very limited CV above, it sounds you may well find something where I work, their social media policy doesn't not allow me to talk publicly but I have sent you a message!!!

doubty

rhiggins, bottom line:

1) you have a full residency under your husbands sponsorship, yes you can find a job and yes you might be asked to transfer your residency to that job later.

2) you can find part time work, but it will not be "legal" to the full sense, and you wont get paid as much. there will be no penalty on you however if caught, the axe shall fall upon your employers, so since they know what they are getting themselves into, i do believe they have a contingency.

3) part time jobs are mostly found through words of mouth or from friends.