Teaching Buenos Aires.

Hi,

I am hoping to move down to B.A next year. I'm wondering really what the job prospects are at the minute. I am aware that long hours and low pay are to be expected. I am used to that and that's fine. Living relatively frugally, is it easy enough to make it to the end of the month without living completey like a hermit. My options are come in March with about £1000 after having paid for my flight when, I gather, there will be more work or wait until later in the year and come with a bit more money but worse weather and potentially less work. What do people think? Any info is very much appreciated. Cheers. I speak fluent Spanish and have more than 5 years experience and qualifications. I read a lot of VERY negative reviews that were from a few years ago. A lot of pessimistic people saying 'don't bother!!'. In summary, is it really that bad?

Sam

P.s - should prob point out that I am hoping to be there for 6 months or so...not exactly settle, buy a place etc..Just wanting to support myself financially for half a year or so.

Hello Sam.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, I invite you to read these articles on Work/Labor market/Work Visas/Teaching in Argentina.

Thank you,
Aurélie