Question for the Ladies on here

Is there anywhere to buy western pads and tampons? I've seen the tiny 5-8 pads to a pack, categorized by pad length packages in the local shops, but are there no designations based on flow and overnight and such, like in the West?

I'm ni user, but I have had plenty of questions over the years through other web sites.

The reason, I have been told by women of different ages and backgrounds, is that the use, or ability to use, tampons is associated with the perception that a tampon user is no longer a virgin.

The largest manufacturer if the chemical compound which is used to absorb 'fluids' in both the feminise hygiene products and diapers is a Japanese company. It recently suffered destruction of its largest manufacturing of this product a couple of weeks ago.

As to Western products availability, tampons an be found in stores in the larger cities in VietNam.

Giants has a decent selection of absorbent product including adult diapers.

You should remember that 'paper' pads and tampons have only been used in this part of the world for a relative few years. Sponges were popular and still are in some parts of the Indochina region. The high risk of toxic shock syndrome from improperly washed sponges have caused deaths. Most sponges are impregnated with an ammonia product to discourage use for hygiene applications.

I even spotted tubes of K-Y Jelly in one, and only one, Co-Op Supermarket. The boxed tubes were simply on a shelf amongst other non-related products.

Tampons are not only of interest to women, but also men, as they are great for nose bleeds, etc. Men also use them for external haemorrhoids. Men also use 'panty liners' to minimise abrasion from clothing.

Our company keeps them in first aid kits - to staunch blood flow.

For further, alternate, uses check: < http://jennygardiner.net/blog/?p=331 >

Thanks. Where is Giant located?

Aescleah wrote:

Thanks. Where is Giant located?

Nguyen Van Linh Expressway, on the opposite side of the road from the notorious FV Hospital. It is the first set of traffic lights afters Nguyen Thi Thap.

I will be gong past Giants later today and will pop in to check on supplies.

A colleague here in the office remarked his wife gets them from a stand in Cho Ben Thanh (Market).

Viet Merchant Co. (95/C7, Nguyen Oanh Street, Ward 17, Quan Go Vap, TP HCM) actually distribute foreign brands such as Unilever, P&G, Kimberly Clark. They have a Natracare Applicator Tampon - Super (UK). Interestingly, they even have a nasal tampon!

In Ha Noi tampons are available at Intimex, near Fanny ice cream shop at 48 Le Thai To. Also Hapromart on Hang Gai, just opposite Tan Thuong Alley Way.

One of the ladies here said the supermarket in Saigon Centre (1st level) on Le Loi Street also has tampons. Seemingly the ones with applicators are harder to find.

SWMBO buys her tampons(various flows) in our local Citimart. They also sell them in the pharmacies around Pham Ngu Lao backpacker area in D1.

LOCATED!

At Giants. Brand is Kotex in black boxes (16 pieces) with a bright stripe on them. Around VND60,000.

The tampons are about the diameter of a females index finger (in their packages). Guess these don't have the applicator. Package size about 10 cm long, 5 cm high and about 3 cm thick.

I suspect other stores have them, too.

>>>>>

If you want a laugh about these things (clean) check out: < http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 … ebook.html >.

Then check: < www.facebook.com/Bodyform/posts/10151186887359324 > If you can't get FB, it says:
"Richard Neillposted toBodyform
October 8 at 1:30pm via mobile ·

Hi , as a man I must ask why you have lied to us for all these years . As a child I watched your advertisements with interest as to how at this wonderful time of the month that the female gets to enjoy so many things ,I felt a little jealous. I mean bike riding , rollercoasters, dancing, parachuting, why couldn't I get to enjoy this time of joy and 'blue water' and wings !! Dam my p*n*s!! Then I got a girlfriend, was so happy and couldn't wait for this joyous adventurous time of the month to happen .....you lied !! There was no joy , no extreme sports , no blue water spilling over wings and no rocking soundtrack oh no no no. Instead I had to fight against every male urge I had to resist screaming wooaaahhhhh bodddyyyyyyfooorrrmmm bodyformed for youuuuuuu as my lady changed from the loving , gentle, normal skin coloured lady to the little girl from the exorcist with added venom and extra 360 degree head spin. Thanks for setting me up for a fall bodyform , you crafty bugger"

Bodyform responded with a smart advert: < http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … 75q2DDow#! >

Wow, thanks for the info.

Central Mart---the big supermarket in Saigon Pearl. address : 92 Nguyen Hunh Canh, Q Binh Thanh.