Cameroon , Yaounde

hi, I want to know about Yaounde kindergarten(cost and isn't good?) , Food ,fitness centers, shopping malls,and how it modern?

thank you.

Hello Ranym.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Yaoundé forum.

An introduction would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Aurélie

thank u Aurelie

hello ranym! welcome to Cameroon

Hi Ranym
Your welcome to expatblog
There is not difference with Yaoundé and Douala cost of thing. Food is not too expensive, it depend to what you want to buy, there are fitness club centers too (prices going to 15.000 to 60.000 thousand Franc) but I can't tell you about the real prices.
Yaoundé is just more calm than Douala. Yes is modern as it can be.
Is just a nice town. Do not worry.

Hello,

I am from Greece and I have a job offer in Cameroon. I would like to know about the life cost there and If the salary(300$) is sufficient to have a decent life there. Thank you in advance!

g0g0 wrote:

Hello,

I am from Greece and I have a job offer in Cameroon. I would like to know about the life cost there and If the salary(300$) is sufficient to have a decent life there. Thank you in advance!

300§ sounds a bit low to have a decent life here ..did you forget a 0 ?

You should renegotiate the terms of your contract even if it includes accomodation and food.

good luck

Hello,

Thanks for your answer! The contract does not include accommodation and food. The job is in Yaounde. I thought that 300$ would be enough for my living costs. How much money do you consider enough to have a decent life there? It would be very helpful if you told me the prices there.. they told me that I can find somewhere to stay for 130$. Thank you in advance.

I will advise you to contact your embassy in order to see what are their recommandations.
In the french forum , somebody was asking if 1000 euros was ok to live in Yaounde and most of the people said yes ..however I have no idea of the minimum required , depends of your living style really.
130 $ for accomodation , may be but not sure that the area is safe for a foreigner and also the transport to work will not be neglectable.

Looking forward to read what others are saying about it