Looking for new friends :)

Hi everyone! My name is Mélanie and I'm not an expat anymore, but I'm planning to spend some time in India next year :) Any advice ?

Hi Melanie that's place to visit in life time ... Don't forget to visit kERALA My mainland Gods own country known to be so... :)

Hi Spadi, thanks for your reply, I'll keep Kerala in mind!

Hello Mélanie.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the India forum.

If you have specific questions, do not hesitate to ask them.

Thank you,
Aurélie

hey.. plan ur visit to chennai.

Hi,

Plan to visit delhi !!

I say hyderabad is centre to south n north india. I say better visit hyd first. U can plan thereafter

Def come to Hyderabad! You'll find the best food here!

India is the best place to go. Good job!

I think you have to focus on south or North. If you come to the south, Kerala is a must (Fort Kochi in Cochin, Munnar mountains - tea plantations, backwaters trip in Alleppey, Varkala beach...) There are also some nice places in Tamil Nadu such as OOty (hill station), Madurai (temple town), Manapad (nice little vishing village, Mamallapuram (shore temple)... You should also visit Mysore which is near Bangalore in Karnataka state.

;) There are lot of beautiful places to visit!

Kisses

dddd

Thanks to all of you for your messages :D
I was actually planning to stay in the South of India, but as I'll stay about 6 months, I will have some time to visit the North as well !

if u r planning to stay in india during november-march then mumbai will be best place to stay.

hi i am sibun..u haven't mentioned where are u currently....i am in pune maharastra..western India is awesome from fantastic goa to konkan beach and awesome crowd and night life in pune..

Hello Melanie,

I am from India but live now in the US since 1980. I regularly visit India both Varanasi and Chennai.  I was born in Chennai and obtained my BS from Benaras Hindu University.  Varanasi is near and dear to my heart inspite of the fact I lived in Japan, Sweden, Germany and now in the US  I have many connections in India-home, mother, sisters and friends; and in the US my wife Jennifer whom I met at Berkeley and my in-laws nephews and nieces. Where did you live in India? Did you learn yoga astrology the things very famous in India. Love to hear from you. Write if you like [email protected]  Best wishes Ram

also try to visit Goa similar to Kerala ...but still its a great place to be. Even Bangalore is cool city which expats love to live in.

go to the andaman islands (havelock and neil)are just two of the most popular ones ...

HI,,dear,

it is good to know if you visit India..As you know it is big country there are 28 states (eg:1 state= france).So you should be well planned..

There are lot to see there in kerala, the south end state(Greenish moutains,lakes,back water,river..forests savari...Old Forts..and some historic palces as well)you will really enjoy..At least you have to spend..2 weeks there..then you can cross to Banglore/Chennai...then towards north..

if you would like to know more about Kerala...message..me..
and if you trip the journey through Dubai..you could take some arab cultures as well,

Nizar
dUBAI.

Dear,first u tell me in India which part u r going 2 visit?then I cn give u some advice.
Pradip Nambiar

Hey guys! Thanks a lot for your messages :)

I have seen a documentary on Goa, parties look crazy there ! *_*

I'm actually looking for an internship in a company or a NGO in the South of India. I thought Bangalore or Chennai would be fine for a European girl, but some members have also suggested me to look for an internship in Hyderabad...

What are your points on view ?

And while I'm in India, I hope I'll have some free time to visit Kerala, some islands and maybe some places in the North :)

Dear Melanie,

I saw your post regarding the visit to India. Warm welcome to India!

If you are planning to visit, there are many places.

India is known for its culture. And temple is a major part of it. There are beautiful temples around the country. Beautiful palaces are very common.

Natural scenery is very nice too.

Please visit :

- Delhi, Agra, Kolkata, Rajasthan, Goa, Mysore, Kanyakumari, Chennai

It's difficult to give suggestion as I need your input what kind of place you want to visit.

I am an Indian and stay in Bangalore, India. Do give me a call +91-9663075455 when you visit India. I will be helpful.

You can also be in touch with me [email protected]

Hope you would definitely love India.

Cheers!

Hyderabad is a great base...

It is better to try in Hyderabad first and then banglore.Though Chennai is good place, you feel sweat unlike hyderabad.October to March is the best time to visit Hyderabad although for whole India.

hi ,

i am Sumanth from hyderabad, like you even i am interested in meeting new people and making new friends, hope we can get togather some time. you can contact me on [email protected]

bye and keep in touch

[Moderated]

Dear Melanie,

I saw your post regarding the visit to India. Warm welcome to India!

If you are planning to visit, there are many places.
All amoung I will sujest you For GUJARAT.
Forest with LION and some verjine Beach.Land of Mahatma Gandhi.

Hey Melanie !! You might wanna get some good insect repellent when your down :P Will you be visiting Bangalore ??

OH and GOA is the place to be ! If u have a thing for beaches bikini's and tons of partyin !! holla ( inbox me  once your down : )

Thanks again for all your messages :)

I am still looking for an internship. I have applied in different cities (Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Delhi), so I don't know yet where I'll stay...

I'll let you know when I have found a place and when I start planning my visits :)

Perfect ! :-)

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Message removed - asked to be deleted by author

hi welcome to india.
im from chennai.

Hi senthilhr > could you please introduce yourself?

Thank you,
Christine

[Moderated: Communicate by PM pls]

Hello Mellanie,

This is Raj from Chennai- India...Working for a japanese company ... Are you planni to visit CHennai....

Have you visited pondicherry...A coastal french colony with lots of european stuff...U should not miss the place..

Regards,

Raja

Hi everyone! I wish you all the best for 2013!

I finally found an internship in Mumbai, so I'll soon be an expat in India :) I look forward to it!!

Raja, thanks for the tip! I'm planning to visit Chennai and Pondicherry (these cities look great!) but I don't know yet when I'll have enough free time to go :s

I am Sanjay Gurav, new to Rwanda and want to make some friends.

Hello Mellanie,
This is Nash, working with MNC at bangalore. You Can visit Mysore which is near to Bangalore, its nice place.
Cheers

HI....

ANY ONE WANTS TO MAKE ME FRIEND....?

hello...everyone... any pinoy living now here in chennai?