Hello everyone!

I came to Alicante 1 month ago and think I will be staying here for a while. :) During my time here, I havenŽt really practised a lot of Spanish, and I would like to do something with this! Does anyone know how I can find conversation groups, or some other Spanish/English exchange? I speak pretty fluent English, I can keep a simple conversation in Spanish.. and I speak fluent Norwegian. :)

IŽm also interested in meeting new friends here. Someone to share fun activites with, or just hanging out in the city.. Would really like to go hiking in the mountains, too! Are there groups around that do things like this?

And I also love sailing.. so if anyone has a boat and needs a crew or skipper, IŽm available! :)

Hi Eva
I wold like to move to Norway,since you are Norwegian, I'd like to ask you if Nowegian language easy to learn? is there any other languages has spoken in Norway?
Thanks
yaklef

Hello, I donŽt think Norwegian is the easiest language to learn.. But at least the grammar is much simpler than in Spanish - we donŽt have lots of different verbs for each person. :) But other things are more tricky. And we have so many different dialects in Norway that can be hard to understand for a foreigner. Anyway, IŽm sure you will learn it if you go for it! Most Norwegians speak good English, but to get work, being able to speak some Norwegian is preferred. :)

Hi Eva. I just moved to Alicante only two weeks ago, and in my new work I need to be fluent in english. If someday do you want to have a meeting with me, we could practice spanish for you and english for me :-) I think will be a good deal

Hi Diego,
yes, that would be nice. I have time any day this week if you want to meet for a coffee or something! There are also some language exchange meetings on fridays and saturdays here in Alicante that you might like to take part in, where we talk Spanish and English. I like to practise both languages, and make new friends too. :)

eva_1 wrote:

Hi Diego,
yes, that would be nice. I have time any day this week if you want to meet for a coffee or something! There are also some language exchange meetings on fridays and saturdays here in Alicante that you might like to take part in, where we talk Spanish and English. I like to practise both languages, and make new friends too. :)

Hi Eva, it would me nice! I finish work about 19-20h. I think a caffe at that hour maybe is a little late, but a beer or coke, will be fine, or caffe if you like too :-)
Could you meet up tomorrow wednesday or is it sooner??
Tell me how we can communicate because I donŽt know how I can sent you a private message.
See you soon Eva

Hi, Are you Norwegian? If so,or Scandinavian, I live in Alfaz del Pi which has the largest group of ex-pats outside any capital city worldwide.

Hi! Yes, I've heard that there are a lot of Scandinavians in the Alfaz del Pi area! I haven't been there, or in Altea yet, but I'd like to see it. And yes, I am Norwegian. :)
Do you know if there might be any job opportunities for me there, since I'm Scandinavian?

eva_1 wrote:

Hi! Yes, I've heard that there are a lot of Scandinavians in the Alfaz del Pi area! I haven't been there, or in Altea yet, but I'd like to see it. And yes, I am Norwegian. :)
Do you know if there might be any job opportunities for me there, since I'm Scandinavian?

Eva, you would have a good chance of getting a job I think.This town is often called "Little Norway. There are 3 Norwegian schools here, your own language newspaper,restaurants etc.etc.There is even an urbanisation called "Escandinavia".My daughter lives in another urb. which again has a huge number of Norwegians including their clubhouse & pool.In the early 90`s a number of your countrymen came to Alfaz & bought property.Many of them were early retirees from the North Sea oil rigs & now their families are the young parents today.Because they were fairly well off we enjoy a very high standard in the town.You should come & see for yourself- you may think that you haven`t left home!!

Ok. Wow, I didn't know all this about the Norwegian settlers! It would be very interesting indeed to go to Alfaz and see the town, maybe they even sell waffles with strawberry jam and cream there (very typical Norwegian thing, that I miss)! But for now I'm running out of time since I am going back to Norway in a few days.. But I might be back next year!

Hi eva,
I've been reading your exchanges with people on the forum. I would like to meet and learn some spanish. I am an English teacher but need to learn Spanish whilst in Alicante. Would you let me know where the exchange groups meet so I could join and meet a few friendly faces?
Best wishes
Mike

Hi Mike!

Unfortunately I'm not in Alicante now, but there is a language group called AEC that meets every Saturday in town. They would love to meet an English teacher! If you have facebook you'll find the AEC group there (Alicante English Chat) and there is also a group organizing meetings via Couchsurfing.com, in the Alicante group. I hope this will help you.

Have fun!