Job offer in Kangan/ASSALUYEH for Englishman

Hi ive recently been offered to work as a contractor in ASSALUYEH/KANGAN working in the oil industry.

Is it safe for an Englishman to come at this time or is it taking a risk? Ive a young family here in England thus my concern.

The work is ongoing, working for a small Greek company working in Iran, so security would be minimal im presuming.

Any advice/thoughts would be greatly recommended.

Thanks Tony

Hi Tony!

Welcome to the forum.
Hope the other members will be able to advise you.

Regards
Armand

Hi, Tony;
Since some of my colleagues work in the same area, i may give
you more information if i know more about your exact plant and place. anyhow most of iranian are good people and will not cause
any problem for you but in order to be more safe, i recommend you to find a good friend to consult with him regarding special cases.

Regards;
Mehrtash

Thanks i am still waiting to find out exactly where ... are there many western expats out there and is extra security needed.

Rgds Tony

Hey hoo man,

Iran is safer than what you may think while you are far from here, safe, safe and safe... you'll see it.
i find this site that is about safety in Iran as well:
irtouring.com/iran-tours-testimonials

hope this helps

Dear Hmd63;

Actually i couldn't see the below site because it has been filtered and i don't have proxifire here anyhow please assume that you are planning for going and live to Vietnam, finally after so much efforts you attain but still have some questions,
therefore refer to somebody overther but he horrify you terribly. Is it OK ?  while he could show you the rope instead of disappointing.

Regards;

hi tony. i assure you that working here is so safe and there is nothing to be worried about. im working in oil industries as well but im in shiraz city. you can send email about your pan and your schadule. i will find some one in asaluye, to help you there if anything you need. again i want you to be sure that nathing bad will happen for any foreigner working here in iran, but i understand you because we work with euro.companues and when they come here for meeting... they surprise by iran condition.
dont hesitate to contact me if you need any help

Hi there

I think the view that European people have towards Iran is so negative and it is led that way 'cause of western media propaganda against Iran . Once you come and see for yourself you will realize that what I'm talking about.

Take care

Hi Tony
I am Ali , a Persian guy . I lived in London during 2010&2011, in zone 2 shepherds bush road. I am an Industrial Engineer . I am working in kangan,assaluyeh. I would like to say that you will be safe and sound here . don't worry . This is my email if you need more info.
[email protected]
Hope to see you here
Bye

Thanks for the replies, well i got the visa and then the job gets put on hold at the very last moment!

Is the oil industry/business out there unreliable ... i know it is here, but its a pain in the backside.

I wouldn't say unreliable. It's "unstable" due to the tyrannical gorilla grip America has on the world. I hope you make it there on your business trip. You will experience life as a real person in society.
If I remember right, you must enter the country on that visa before it expires. If you do not, you will be barred from entering the Republic ever again.
Oh, and of course, your safety should not be a concern of yours. Obey laws like anyone would. At least in public.

Ah well the job seems to have fallen through, waste of my time and a visa.

Anyone know of decent paying "Advanced NDT" work let me know.

I am a Brit and widely travelled. I have been travelling to Iran for many years and to be honest I find it a lot safer than most places in Europe. People are friendly, civilised and welcoming. The Western press paints a very skewed image of Iran because it is driven by biased newspapers and TV channels. Have no fear, go and enjoy culture, history and come back with the truth about Iran and it's people.

In Asaloye you will have one problem in summer the weather is very warm and humidity
go there

Hi tony
i working in kangan , i am piping inspector, i can help you.
my email is : [email protected]

[Moderated: No free ad no the forum pls]