Want to meet Ex Pats Dec 2012

Hi, my Hubby (Rob) & I (Lorna)are new to the Forum, we are in our mid forties, have 1 daughter going off to Uni in 2013, 1 who is currently in year 11 and a son in year 5.
Our aim is to move from the UK to Panama in June 2013. Based on our initial research we are looking at 2 areas, Gorgona & Las Lajas (Chiriqui)
So…Hubby & I are coming out there (minus kids) this December, and would like to meet as many people as we can to get some ‘real life' information!
We arrive in Panama City 22nd Dec 2012 stay overnight – Anyone around that night in PC we would be happy to buy you a drink!
23rd Dec we will be driving to Las Lajas (Chiriqui) – Anyone who lives between PC & Las Lajas, same as above!
24th to 26th Dec we would like to meet anyone around the Las Lajas/David area (we appreciate this is over Xmas!)
27th Dec we will be travelling from Las Lajas to Coronado – So anyone in between those 2 areas we would like to meet up with you!
28th – 30th Dec we will be staying in Coronado but looking at Gorgona so anyone around there we could hook up with would be fab!
31st we are back to PC to fly to UK
Information we are particularly interested in: Buying land & building our own home, Renting a suitable family home when we first arrive in June 13, Work, I am a Project Manager(Events) for a Housing org. & Rob is an IT Sales Manager. We will still need to work! More info on all schools in both areas, obviously the list goes on!
Thank you!

I live in Boquete (outside of David) and we will be here during that time. We would be happy to share our experience of living in Panama. Also to give you information for renting verses buying property and the best schools in the area.

Florence

Hi Florence
Thank you, that would be fab!
We plan to visit the David area so if you let us know where and when we will be there!
Lorna

Hi Lorna

My husband and I are moving to Panama city on Nov 2nd (ahhhh) and we will defo be in Panama in December if you are still free on the 22nd.

Can I ask you why you are not considering Panama city?

My number in the UK is 07740064196 if you wish to catch up before we go :)

Take care

Johanna

Hi Johanna,
Thank you for your reply!
How exciting! I bet you are counting the days!
We would love to meet up with you on the 22nd if you are around in the evening.
We are not considering the city for a number of reasons...
We moved from the London area about 8 years ago to escape the 'rat race' so to speak and we now live on Hayling Island on the South Coast because the sea is really important in our lives (this is why we are looking in the areas we mentioned as our ultimate home will be a beach front property)
The areas are both within an hour of cities (PC & David) which is  commutable if necessary and something Rob is well used to doing!
Schools are a sticking point for us at the moment...there is no way we would be able to afford Public schools based on info we have so far!
We don't want to impose on what we expect is a crazy time for you at the moment, but we would be happy to come up to London before you leave and meet up for a coffee, don't worry, we will not be offended if you can't fit us in ;-)

Warm Regards
Lorna

Hi Lorna

You are right, these last days in the UK are madness and unfortunately we are in Leeds at the moment because I need to sort out a number of things for work before I go, so a meeting may be difficult..:(   However, I will be keeping my UK job while in Panama, so my number stays the same if you want to text me or call closer to the date you will be in Panama; we will love to meet you.

Not that I'm an expert but I speak Spanish so feel free to let me know if you need anything.

Good Luck :)

Johanna

Hiya,
Thank you for getting back to us, we completely understand and will give you a call soon!
Look forward to catching up with you both!
Take care.
Lorna

Hi there,
We are staying in the Andino Hotel on the 22nd Dec.
35th East St.  Panama
(0)225 1162
For anyone who wants to catch up!
Lorna

Hi! We are a Canadian couple in our 40s with a young son who moved to Gorgona back in August. We would be happy to meet up with you when you're in the area to give you lowdown on whatever you need. We can hook you up with our realtor friend as well if you'd like. You can come meet some expats, etc. My email is [email protected]

Cheers! :)

Jacki Leroux
Chris Gillcash
(and Angus)

Hi
So sorry for the delay in reply...things have been a bit hectic here!
We would love to catch up with you!
I will email you directly so we can make arrangements!
It would be fab if we could meet up with your friends too :)
Regards
Lorna

Hi there,
We arrive tomorrow (22nd Dec) would like to meet up with whoever is in Panama City about 9pm!
Tell us where you are!
Lorna & Rob

We live in David. We haven't been here long but we'd be happy to meet and share what we know. Will you be staying in David for a night or two?

Hello there
apologies for our slow response, been crazy here!
We would love to meet up, we are staying near Las Lajas for a few days and plan to visit David and Boquete between the 23rd and the 26th of Dec!
Will be in touch!
Lorna & Rob

No apologies. I only wrote this morning!
We'll be around, no plans for anything in particular. I'll send you our contact info

rculnane wrote:

Hello there
apologies for our slow response, been crazy here!
We would love to meet up, we are staying near Las Lajas for a few days and plan to visit David and Boquete between the 23rd and the 26th of Dec!
Will be in touch!
Lorna & Rob