Glaswegian on his way to Bucharest

Hello folks

Seems like a great set of people on here and some great banter.
Previously done abit of travelling and living in Ireland, Poland and boring Bourenmouth.

I am 24 and from the Glasgow area born and raised, This is your chance now, so please feel free to get any insults, anger, hatered or bigotry you have towards me, out of your system lol ;)

I'm working and saveing at the moment trying to get as much money possible to get my life started in a new beautiful country. I have 6 months to save, ill be heading out Middle of March. 

I dont really have a set plan whatsoever to be honest, maybe this forum will help me get some ideas together.

I am obviously going to have to get a job and hopfully an apartment, do alot of people share apartments in Bucharest ?
I'm not looking for anything lavish, just basic.

I'm sure some places in Glasgow are on a par with some of the worst Communist blocks in Bucharest, but I certainly dont want to end up in a tip, just some where half decent. Don't mind shareing.

I'm travelling alone and dont know a single soul, although I do prefer it that way, makes it more exciting visiting a new country and culture.

I have zero Romanian language skills,although I would like to learn when I arrive.
Although how will Romanian sound comeing out with a broad Scottish accent sound ? I have no idea.

I was thinking of even trying to get a job in one of the many Irish bars or hostels, hotels in the Bucharest area.
Do you think this is possible ?
Especially as it will be then comeing in to the summer months when bars etc will be looking for more staff.

Many thanks :)

Chris

I think your older brother is already here :-) He's been here a year and speaks good Romanian. PM me and I'll hook you up

Really ????
He never turned up for his porridge one morning, and the Mother has been worried about him ever since. He's in big trouble now !!!!
I'll Pm you Lindochka, thanks

Sounds like our boy :-)))