Playing football !!??

I used to play football with some friends here in Bahrain, but all stopped since last year, tried to gather them again but no way  :(

So any Ideas here or common interests??!!!

Sherif

I haven't played Football for years, unfortunately I don't have any time for it as I'm usually working over the weekends.

I'm more into watching it rather than playing it ;)

And it's too blinkin hot!!!!!!

lol! no I don't have any suicidal tendencies:D
it's a covered air-conditioned playground

Now why didn't you say so??? Lol.

super lol :D
(So )thumb up Jo ;)

Erm wabbling around a footy pitch really isn't for me hun. But maybe now that others know it's indoor and aircon they might take you up on it :-)

Thank you Jo for your support!!!  lol

@Jpb63 it sounds great.

Gonna contact u

I'd like to join,
my pause wasn't long time ago,
or we may have a "Forum League" :D

Hey all :)
Finally someone is talking about Soccer :)
i wanted to post one week ago, i just though no one will pay attention :)
Unfortunately, everyone loves food here !! LOL

I will be more than glad if you count on me as well :)
thnx.

@ gala you are most welcome :)
the "forum league" ! is our long term goal LOL

Hi Eddie
it's my pleasure!

welcome to the team :)

Weh hey, told ya people would be interested once they knew it was inside and air conditioned :-)

They are signing up for the Dilmun Club 5-A-Side team at the moment, I don't think you have to be a member to join either.

Thanks for  the interesting info! gonna check it out

sounds great ,,,
& the air condition thing is not really an issue, we're adaptable, aren't we  ;)

Yeah right :cool: lol

Hi Eddie,

Please count on me, really need to play!!!

Cheers,

Julien

Has anything happened with this? It sounds good! I'm new to Bahrain from the UK and would be up for some footie.

hey all

we need at least 12 players, to start

if you have friends interesting, let me know.

Hey Sherif,

How many guys do u need more?

Moreover may i know where do you play exactly?

t.c

hi Eddie, perhaps we need 6 more

I play in Itihad club near to Zinj. there are 2 pitches one indoors & one outdoors

hey Guys
we are planning to play soon.

hey guys,

On behalf of Sherif, we decided to play soon.
We found a team to play against!

Might be this Tuesday or Wednesday....

So who will be able to play this Tuesday?!

We will be pleased if you can inform us by tommorow due to reservation purposes.

P.S Sherif will contact you in order to confirm.
Therefore; For those who can make it, please send your contact numbers to Sherif.

that will be great, i'm up for it

i sent my number to Sherif already

is our team full now or not yet?

hey guys

we are 5 now, need 1 more

@jpb63  I live in Juffair, more welcome to give u a lift

Hello Sherif

Great initiative
If you still need players, count me in!

You are most welcome!

@Eddie the team is ready now

Hey guys,

Unfortunately....I've got some bad news!!!!

The game will be postponed till next Tuesday 13/11/2012
since the Europe champions League will be going on this Tuesday and Wednesday. Therefore; the team we planned to play against apologized coz they wanna watch the games!!!

Am really so Sorry, i tried my best, i know that u were all ready for it guys! however the good news: we made a team @ the end! 

Regarding your post(jpb63), that's really a wonderful idea, i'll call Sherif (Our Captain) tomorrow to see if we can arrange it! the problem is that we dunno if our team is capable of competing other teams since we neva played with each other; unless will join for fun (Losing) :)

Apologies for the bad news again :(

Hi guys,
I would like to assist in the game when it will start, I like football !  Only watching !!
I use to go to stadium in my country with friends and I really miss that :-(
Waiting for the news
Have a great day !

Hi guys,

I am following what your are doing and the great job that are doing Sherif and Eddie to make happen this football match.

I have also worked on my side and use my own network to gather people around a football match.

I found a soccer complex in budaya (Malaeb soccer complex, https://www.facebook.com/malaebsoccercomplex). I went to visit it and was really impressed by it! it is a great spot!

There are 5 mini soccer field (7 people per team) but i think we can play there if we are minimum of 10 (2*5), it just will be more physical :)

Price is 20 BD for one hour so it will be around 2 BD per person if we are 10, which seems to be affordable (can be decreased at 15 bd if we book monthly (once a week).

I did the booking for next tuesday (6th - tomorrow) and it was only possible to play at 10:00 pm. sorry for that, if we continue to play the week after i will try to get the slot at 9:00 pm.

The rendez vous point is at al jawad station in budaya at 9:30 pm (close to the highway when you come from seef district)

Map : https://plus.google.com/117044745364948 … l=fr&hl=fr

Let me know if you are interested, I will send you my phone number by private message.

Hope to see you tomorrow and sorry to inform you so late.

Cheers,

Julien

That's nice, but do we have 10 players?

@Rita we'll inform you once we're sure,

HI

On my side i have 6 people confirmed - 5 waiting for confirmation and nobody from this forum yet.

Julien ur efforts are appreciated buddy :)
that's really great,count me in,i'll send you my contact number as a msg.
its really a good spot as well...Anyways i'll contact Sherif today and i will let him inform the rest of the guys in order to confirm!

regards!

I'm in

Your efforts are appreciated julien
But I couldn't make it 
We will play next week , hopefully everyone will be there

Hi guys!

Yesterday was a great match!
It would be great if we could play on a regular basis...(weekly)

Eddie and Sherif can you please let me know if your event next tuesday at arsenal staduim is a open event or you have already enough player?

I have find new guys interested and I need to let them know asap the date and time of the next match, and do the booking the get a better slot.

Thanks

Julien

Hi guys!

We will play Tuesday 13rd of november (10pm to 11 pm) and saturday 17th (9pm to 10pm) at malaeb soccer complex like we did last time.
In the futur we will try to keep the saturdays' slot.

New players are more than welcome!

Just let me know

Julien

are you gonna meet @ 9:30 ?

Sherif you are a life saver, I have been looking to play football for over a year. If you guys still have room I would be up for a regular spot. I travel a lot as part of my job but here mostly on the weekends.

Like you I have struggled to find a regular bunch of people. i just cannot get a team together at work. However I can definitely get 3-4 regular players together.

Please Let me know what I need to do to get involved.

Cheers

Shaz