Need information jobs oppourtunity in norway

Hello friend,

Pls give me information about oppourtunity to work in norway, stavanger or oslo.
I have plan to move to norway next year.

I have experience works in fashion retail or textile as marketing.
If someone have info about the jobs in Norway, could you pls to share with me?

Warm regards,
Emi

Hello Emi.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I invite you to read these articles on Work/Labor market in Norway.

You can post an advert in the Jobs in Norway section as well. It can help.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

wow Bogor is in Indonesia - I had no idea where it was so I had to look it up!

1. In order to secure a job in Norway you would be required to speak Norwegian fluently
2. Here are two large job search websites:

https://tjenester.nav.no/stillinger/forsidehttp://www.finn.no/jobb/

These websites are in Norwegian so I think the best way to proceed is if you type in keywords in English such as "Marketing, Customer service, Indonesian" etc in order to see if there are any English-speaking jobs out there.

3. In general I think you should read this website through, which is a useful sites for foreigners and foreigners that would like to move to Norway

www.nav.no

Just click the English flag at the top and the site will be in English , it is also the same site as I put in above for job search purposes.

Hello Friends,

hi i am Waqas,from Pakistan,planning to move to Norway.
if someone have information about driver jobs in Norway?
i would also like to know, that is it possible, to get a taxi driver job in Norway,without knowing Norwegian?

And what are the procedures ,to become a cab driver?

Thanks & Regards
Waqas

You find many Pakistani taxi drivers in Oslo, however that is not to say that it will be easy for you to become one.

*Since most customers are Norwegian, you would first of all be required to speak Norwegian, but not necessarily fluent.

* You would also be required to take the licence in Norway, so that is another hint on the way

* If you were already in Norway, ie having your working visa and all the situation would had been different

* Be aware, there are many drunk people taking the taxi on Friday and Saturday nights

waqasch83 wrote:

Hello Friends,

hi i am Waqas,from Pakistan,planning to move to Norway.
if someone have information about driver jobs in Norway?
i would also like to know, that is it possible, to get a taxi driver job in Norway,without knowing Norwegian?

And what are the procedures ,to become a cab driver?

Thanks & Regards
Waqas

Waqash: Do you have any other skills or advantages that might be able to help you - e.g do you have a degree, are you a chef or do you have relatives in Norway for instance?

Thank you so much for your reply.

i am university graduate,electrical engineer.i have gone through many discussions about job circumstances in Norway.

Majority of people who are already living there,they told me that its very difficult to get a job in Norway for a foreigner,according to his or her education.because they will first prefer Norwegians,then Euorpean foreigners and then rest of the world.
at the moment i am much confused,and don't know what should i do!
i don't have any close relatives there.

Yes it is true that it is difficult for foreigners to get work in Norway.

It is good that you are an electrical engineer - but I am not quite sure if this will help you get to Norway - Software engineer would had been more relevant.

You can of course try a Norwegian job search site:

http://www.finn.no/jobb/

Then you would need to search for "Engineer" or something and hope it is irrelevant - apart from IT then you will find few Petroleum engineer positions available to English-speakers.

I heard Oman is a good country, and it's a little closer to home - why do you not try in Oman? Dubai? Singapore? Malaysia?

On the job site above I gave you I tried to search for "Electrical" and there are a couple of electrical engineer jobs that appears with an English description, use the direct link below and click the job posts to see the requirements

http://www.finn.no/finn/job/fulltime/re … cal&sort=0

Hii
I am from India. i applyed for  job seeker visa
and currently working as an I.T executive...
is there any scope, i have 5Year Exp[/color]..
will they cunsider my exp in norway or would i face any problem
finding the job

Hello! My Dear Friends,

My name is Cho Myient, a Chemical Engineer by profession and specialized in Ceramics and Plastics manufacturing over a decade and currently working as "Factory Manager" in a local based plastic manufacturing plant here in Bangladesh.

As a matter of the global ranking as highly developed country, Norway is number one on the United Nation's Human Development Index (HDI). For the reason of that, I'm exciting to get a voyage in Norway.

One of my British friend once told me that there in no formal migration process exists in Norway like for example Australia and Canada. Recently they have introduced a job seekers visa, which will allow to live 6 months and search for job. But that is quite risky as it will be difficult to find job without knowing local language and living expense is quite high in Norway.

Finally he has suggested me the best way to go Norway is to find a job and then apply for visa or take someone/consultant helps with specialized skills in Oil & Gas industry might have better success as this sector in Norway is booming recently. Apart from that the industry for Ceramics and Plastics manufacturers in Norway has too small. Or else, it could be ending up without success and may need to go back Bangladesh after 6 months spending whole saving!

However, my dream is initially to get an expatriate along with a job and later permanent residency.

Should there be more information in this regard, please feedback me.

Look forward to hearing more of someone backing.

Best regards.

Cho Myient