Winter boots

Hi,

I will arrive in UB in January. Thus, I would like to know if it is better to bring some really warm winter boots from Europe or if it is better to buy warm boots directly in Mongolia.
I am happy about every recommendation!

Best
Julia

Hello Julia.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Julia,

My limited experience is that the selection of boots and shoes is pretty decent in Ulaanbaatar, though if you have larger feet the selection is not so good. 

It probably wouldn't make a big difference either way, but given you plan to arrive in January you might be better off buying a pair you like in Europe and bringing them to Mongolia.  You will probably be busy enough with other things when you arrive, and it's no fun walking around shopping in light footwear in January weather.  You also might not have the full variety of brand names that you're used to in Europe, if you're selective about such things.

Hi,

thanks for the warm welcome Aurelie:-)

And thanks to Nickbert for the reply! Sounds like a good solution...

Best
Julia

You can buy good boots in Ulan Bataar. 

When I went there to work I just took a good pair of hiking boots and then bought what I needed when I arrived and got settled.

Hi Julia,

Nickbert  is right. You can find worm nice boots in UB, but how can you get the shop to buy them with light shoes :))