Short term accomodations upon arrival

I am thinking of traveling to MVD early next year.  I need to know of a temporary place to stay.  I will not have a car.  I need access to transportation and will need to find a more permanent place to stay.  I think a roommate situation would be great, hopefully with expats.  I am studying Spanish, but English would be helpful to start.  You can find more about me on Facebook.  My name is Penny Scott.  Telephone # in US is 530-953-5693.  Penny

Hello Penny.

You could post an advert in the Housing in Montevideo section. It can help. :)

PS: For safety reasons, avoid putting your phone number on a public forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Penny,

THE cheapest hotel to stay in MVD is the Hotel Tres Cruces.  It is like staying in a college dorm room with lots of hot water.  The neighborhood is so-so, and fine during the day but you may want to stay in after 10PM.  The Hotel is located 1 block from the main bus station, and so it is easy to get anywhere from there to anywhere in the country, let alone in MVD.  I would contact them and see if you can negotiate say a two week stay ro something for cheaper than their nightly rate.  If not, and you are absolutely certain you want to go there, I will set you up with my real estat agaent who has rented many apartments.  Only thing is he does not like to waste his time on people who are uncertain if they are coming, or what to spend, etc.

Hi dnb
I will be glad to have a contact with you real estate agent. Am looking for an apartment that I can stay up with for 3months. Upon my arrival.

Hi Alexcares80,

I suggest you to post an advert in the Housing in Montevideo section, this might be helpful.

Thank you,

David.

Hi Penny:

I too am thinking about moving to Uruguay, in July, for probably 3 to 6 months. I was wondering if you could pass along any information you unearthed about a place to stay?

I'm an online writer plus I'm starting to do some internet marketing stuff so I'll be looking for dependable skype and YouTube. Have you had any experience with those topics yet?

Myself...I'd be happy with just a room with an internet connection. Most of my entertainment will be dancing (I'm into Salsa and Bachata and I want to learn Tango).

Any advice would be appreciated,

Regards,
Art

Hello wanderingsalsero and welcome on board :)

For you info, this thread has been inactive since 2013, you may not receive any response.

Concerning accommodation hunt, I suggest you drop an advert in our Housing in Montevideo section of the forum to increase your chances to find a nice rental

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

OK...thanks.

art

Hi Art,

I usually recommend people use airbnb.com for short-term rentals. It's a lot less hassle. If you want to ask some questions about locations after using the site, post them here and I'll help you.