Advice needed for a condo and school

Hi,

I'm looking into a job opportunity in KL. The company would be located in the KLCC complex so it would have to be quite nearby but I'm not sure if 3000RM will get me there, especially since I'm married and have a 7 year-old son.
Is there perhaps another place near public transport such as the "skytrain"?

And about school, are there perhaps French speaking schools in KL? I only found the Lycee Francais so far...

And a last thing, I see some posts mentioning insecurity... What kind of insecurity are we talking about? And what areas should I avoid?

Any piece of advice would be very appreciated.

Thank you,

Visit 
i-property.com.my

See condos for rental,choose 2-3 different condos for you to assess which one is suitable,agents willing to help you on that,including schooling etc.  u ask many questions.
Then you will know which one is suitable to your requirement.

Then you buy daily newspaper's like a star newspaper go to property dealing with rentals buying and see the adds who says deal direct with the owner (adds with E# its an agents) then if you like you negotiate if successful get a lawyer to deal without agents hefty commissions there you have it a deal without any mess.

I did it couple times no agents no headache at all.
You can use my lawyers & no problems at all.

Good luck

I would say 3000rm for a condo should be enough but try a negotiation as normally landlord tend to rise a price for westerner.

Or you may try to find area near hartamas, bandar damansara ampang.. etc..

The 'skytrain' that available to KLCC is only rapidKL: www.myrapid.com.my
You may want to find place within the area.

But trust my, KLCC is craziest traffic place in KL. Either you drive or using public transport, it is the same, unless you have a flexible working hour.
You may need to go out early and back late if you miss the timing.

About schooling, you may check with your embassy.

There is no place that should be avoid but if you are a women, it is not advise to travel alone.

3k you may try at suria Jelatek,easily with 2-3bedrooms. 2station ( train) to reach KLCC.

[Moderated: please post in the Housing section]