How easy to find jobs?

Hi :)

So just to introduce myself:

I'm a 22-year-old Brit in the final year of a 4-year university course in Spanish, Arabic and Portuguese at a top 10 uni in the UK.
My boyfriend is a 24-year-old Mexican carpenter with over 6 years experience and a diploma in the trade, who is studying English and lives in Mexico.

We are looking to move to NZ next Autumn to live permanently, as it is a marvellous country and our best bet for being together in the near future.

I've been looking for jobs through online job search websites, but every response has said the same thing: not without a visa.

How easy have you found it getting a job from overseas? Is it impossible?

I would like the stability of knowing I had a job to go to, whether or not it was my ideal job for the future.

Any advice is very much appreciated!

Thanks

Neddrick

Hello Neddrick.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I invite you to read these articles on Work/Labor market and Work visas in New Zealand.

The Jobs in New Zealand section is available as well.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Hi Aurelie

Thanks for your guidance :)

However, i'm really looking for personal experiences and anecdotes to guide me further: i've already read a lot in terms of official processes and statistics etc.

Hi Neddrick

I'm from vietnam and would like to go to New zeland in next year . I find a company in vietnam will help me to go there but it cost a lot :( . Hope you get yr job here.

Kim Ngan

Hi there, am afraid the visa bit is serious there and you will be deported if don't follow the rules. You partner from Mexico has a good chance as building skills are in high demand especially in Christchurch in the South Island. Around 2 years ago there was a large earthquake and the city was essentially destroyed. Rebuilding is currently underway and it's probably a 20 year project. Add to that there were many residents houses damaged badly also. So plently of domestic work too. Iwould look at that angle of finding a way into getting a visa to stay in NZ. Don't use immigration consultants because they can't offer you anything more than what you can acheive yourself. If they say they can, then they're lying.