Moving to Qatar! 18000QAR enough?

Hi,

I get a job offer where they offered:
18000QAR/month (tax free). The company will also pay the car, apartment, medical insurance and baby kindergarden/school.

I would like to know if this salary is maybe not too low according to the cost of living of Qatar. I have no idea what is to less or not, and I would like also to save a nice money.

Were are a family of 2adults+1baby

What could an average of salary for a engineering manager in Qatar?

Many thanks

Hello jomr.

In meantime, do not hesitate to read the other threads on Cost of living on the Qatar forum. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Jomr
it depends on what the car+apartment+kindergarden equals to! accommodation is quite expensive here, car rental is not cheap either. The salary is not low but not high either. Again, it all depends on how big the allowance is.

yes its good this salary......

Hi jomr,

the salary is enough to live in Qatar, especially when they arrange you the accommodation and vehicle. Also depends on the duration of the contract.

Hi there,

Just make sure that they do give what they promise. What work is it for? Sometimes Companies offer a lot and when you get here they don't give you all they promised.

The package you were offered can be considered as an average package in the Qatari Job Market for the said position, it would be enough for you and your family since other stuff like Car, Apartment and the Medical Insurance are provided by the Company.

The average salary for Engineering Manager in Qatar can vary drastically based on several factors i.e. International/Local Company, Projects size, and the salary scale within the organization. You may meet people at the same position in two different companies, one of them is earning double the other.
Its always advisable not to look at the market average salary and only look whether what you were offered is good for you or not.

Good Luck :)