Relocation to California - lots of help needed please!!

Hello!!!
I wondered if you lovely people would be able to help me in anyway as have no idea on anything California related ;0)

We are possibly relocating to Los Angeles and would really appreciate any help or advice you might have as excited but nervous!

Firstly we have young family and a 4 year old is the eldest what do we do regarding education as most websites state they start school December after they turn 5? But there are pre schools etc

Another important question is income tax? How much do you pay? State tax etc?

My husband could be working in agoura hills, could you recommend any nice areas to live/schools etc?

What is the cost of living like? We live in London so is expensive but I work here but we would be dropping my salary as i assume I cannot work for at least a year?

I appreciate you reading this thread and kindly responding it would be truly appreciated!!

Thanks
Emma :0)

Hi Emma,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Do not hesitate to check out other threads on the California forum as well.

Hi Emma

What a coincidence...im called Emma and ive just joined as we're in a very similar situation to yourself, possibly relocating as a family in the new year.

If you get any pearls of wisdom as a result of your post can you share with myself, and obviously im happy to do the same (have a read of my initial post to get an idea of whats going on with us too!)

Have you had confirmation youre definitely moving out there?

Good luck anyway, its very daunting isnt it, but exciting all the same!

Emma

Hey Emma!

Wow what a coincidence! I have sent you a message to your inbox!