Where to find a decent gym in HaiPhong?

Hi guys,

Have been in HaiPhong for some time now and lived the good life - you know eating to much good food, drinking to much coke and beer as well enjoyed the nightlife with some more alcohol. Now it feels like it is time to get back to the good old routines and try to get rid of those extra kilos that some how has climbed down from the chest and settled around the belly...

I would like to find a decent and fresh gym/fitness center in HaiPhong. An english search on google just gave me a bunch of hotels with gyms... Don't think they are to keen to have a people that aren't guest hanging there.

So do you know of any please let me know - any tip is appreciated.

Cheers

Hai Phong is not exactly a hot spot on this or other chat rooms. As you should realise, there are not too many Foreigners around, either.

One group that might know are the oil industry types, who hang out in HLB and Hai Phong.

I suggest that you check out < www.haiphongtourism.gov.vn/ > and enquire if they know.

Hotels usually rent out their gyms, as they are loss leaders, so ask if they do for long term Foreign residents. You might find the costs prohibitive, though.

Hehe yes I do have noticed that there is not many foreigners around in this town. Most guys seems to be in to oil or are seamen in harbor just for a short time. However I do know there are some teachers and a couple other "lost souls" like me self here to so there is a slim chance someone of those might have had the same thought as I have and got lucky :)

Thanks for the link and I will check with the hotels anyway :)

Cheers

I know of a teacher about to head up your way, I'll get a contact and OM you.

BTW if you have wheels, take a trip, or two through Ha Long to NEAR the Chinese border, there are some great monuments and sites most people never get to see.

Careful up there - you sometimes need a permit from the Cong An - tourism will tell you - and the Chinese are trigger happy on the water.