Abu Dhabi

Intend moving to Abu dhabi and i need information as to the standard of living and the cost of renting a villar

The minimum amount that one can survive on with his family of two in Al-ain, Acccomodation costs, Grocery cost, Maintenance costs and General atmosphere ?

je suis actif mais je cherche un autre emploi a abu dhabi.

to work for adec what does blood test screen for?  Does it screen for benzos?

Discussion moved to the Abu Dhabi forum

To the OP: Are we talking about AL Ain or Abu Dhabi city? The prices are VASTLY different in terms of housing. Al Ain is not just down the road, either, so one can expect an Al Ain-AD commute of at least an hour and 15 mintues of one of the UAE's most dangerous roads.

So, with that aside, an older semi-detached 3 bedroom villa in AD (in town-Khalidiya) will rent for as low as 180,000 dirhams/year. A nice 4 bedroom in the same part of town? 220,000. This is a drastic reduction in price from where it was last year this time, but I've seen a good few villas going for 250,000/year or less. Al Ain villas are MUCH cheaper, though I can't speak to the specifics at this time. Generally, villas come w/ a slew of maintenance issues that end up being the responsibility of the renter (even if the owner promises it). Lots of older villas have AC units in each room which is MUCH more expensive than central or split AC. Cost of electricity is comparable to that in the US, but AC will really run up the bills. Groceries are comparable in price to that of Seattle, Washington. Eating out at average food chains is comparable to the US, while eating out at locally run eateries (Indian and Lebanese, for example) is much cheaper than in the US. Eating out at high end restaurants is a bit cheaper here. Hope that helps.

@SCP: To the best of my knowledge, ADEC teachers are being tested for HIV and TB. I've heard of a teacher being sent home after starting her contract once they actually realised she had tested positive for TB.

There are quite a few property (for rent/ for sale) adds on out there. Maybe these links can help you. Prices are pretty unpredictable right now and beware of shady dealers...they'll do anything, say anything to get you to register and buy!
abudhabitempo.com/propertiesforsale.aspx
abudhabitempo.com/propertiesforrent.aspx

Can i please have ur email so that we can get in contact to coach me more about uae thanks