Looking for a reliable vehicle

Looking to buy a reliable vehicle for less than $10,000.00 BZ. It doesn't need to be pretty, just mechanically sound and safe to operate.

Here's a good place to start, the Belmopan classified.  Here's the link to the site.  There is a nice sounding Jeep Wrangler for $7500.00.  I'd buy it if I hadn't just bought a new Rodeo.

Code:

http://www.belmopancityonline.com/belmopan-belize-forum.aspx?forumid=3&scope=threads

@Robby1949, Belize classifieds may help you too.;)

Harmonie.

Thanks Dave. I'll check it out.

We have a Jetta that is also Diesel. Can go from San Ignacio to Belize City on 20 bucks.  Selling for 8,000BZ

Tell me more about this car Lee! May I call you about it?

Of course you can call me. (moderated: for security reason, please use the private message system).  It is a VW Jetta, standard shift, deisel 1998 for 7K.  Call me

Thanks to everyone for their input. We now have the car situation handled!

Good for you.  Now to find a good mechanic.

Be aware of used vehicles for sale in Belize.
  There is no law in BZE prohibiting the sales of accident write off vehicles or salvage vehicles.  There are a lot of used vehicles coming into Belize from Louisianna that were written off due to flood damage in Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Sandy.
We just returned from Belize and had the unfortunate experience of purchasing a used Toyota Four Runner that looked good and started and ran well, at least in the roadside car lot.  We didn't put on more than 40 miles before the vehicle started going slower and slower and finally quit altogether.  But not before using up a full tank of gas to go the 40 miles. When we checked the title, we discovered it was previously owned by a Lousianna insurance company and (in small print) the vehicle was listed as a "salvage vehicle."  Think Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Sandy and flooded wires and computer componants.
My advice is to buy NEW or bring in a vehicle you already own or know.  Or possibly purchase from a reliable expat.