SIZE OF PHOTOS IS THIS CORRECT?

I am applying for a visa to come to libya, I read on the embassy site the photos have to be 4x6! is this right? or can I send a canadian sized passport photo.:blink:

Sent my passport to be translated in Toronto and they say they cannot write on the stamp ( we cannot alter a legal document )
Yet passport canada clearly states the right side is left blank to be translated. They want to send me a seperate paper with the transaltion on it...WOW. Had to send the link from the embassy saying a seperate paper will not be accepted.
Even had to go back to passport Canada cause they forgot to put the stamp in my new passport and when I got there had to remind the man to affix the passport seal!!!:dumbom:
Wow maybe this is getting me ready for dealing with going in the first place LOL...
Funny to think I have to do other peoples work for free to get it done right...

Send exactly what they ask for - if it says 4x6, do 4x6. I had all the same hassles getting someone to write in my passport, darn near lost my mind.

In case you are not aware, there has been some ongoing issues with Canadians obtaining visas.  You may become one of the many of us that is having issues.  It is possible that you will be let into the country but not back out - that is precisely what is going on with my husband right now - so be prepared to stay indefinetly if you are coming on a residency visa in particular.  Good luck.  Do let us all know if you succeed in obtaining a visa, (and which type of visa), in the thread called Canadian - Libyan broo-haha.

Poorly taken photos or photos which don't match the size specifications are (apparently) one of the main reasons for visa applications to be rejected...

laurieloo82 wrote:

Send exactly what they ask for - if it says 4x6, do 4x6. I had all the same hassles getting someone to write in my passport, darn near lost my mind.

In case you are not aware, there has been some ongoing issues with Canadians obtaining visas.  You may become one of the many of us that is having issues.  It is possible that you will be let into the country but not back out - that is precisely what is going on with my husband right now - so be prepared to stay indefinetly if you are coming on a residency visa in particular.  Good luck.  Do let us all know if you succeed in obtaining a visa, (and which type of visa), in the thread called Canadian - Libyan broo-haha.

I recommend using your head, instead of believing everything on that website.  You can always call them to confirm what they want.  They are quite helpful on the phone (assuming someone answers and they forward you to the right person, and that person is there to answer).

I sent standard Canadian passport photos for my applications and was able to get visas.

For translation, I had not problem with the Arab Chamber of Commerce for the translation.  Maybe try these guys:

http://www.canada-arabbusiness.org/cgi-bin/contactus.pl

hababbi wrote:

Wow maybe this is getting me ready for dealing with going in the first place LOL...
Funny to think I have to do other peoples work for free to get it done right...

If you don't like having to do stuff on your own and dealing with changing rules and complications then don't come to Libya.  Getting all the passport and visa stuff in order is a cakewalk compared to lots of other things once you show up.

I am well aware of how things go on when dealing with the government...to express being fustrated at dealing with it certainly shouldnt warrant someone saying ..then dont come. If anything it would warrant saying that one could expect nothing less when dealing with such things.;)
Part of the process is too get through all the crap anytime you want to travel. Exactly what I said this must be getting me ready for the rest of the crap.:)

I will be coming on a visa to visit my husband, so i am applying for a visa as a wife. I have been calling the embassy and all i get is the machine...no surprise there.
I might get in but not get out??? That isnt good, how is that possible? I know there have been issues with getting visas since that problem with g. coming here. I wasnt aware however that I could be not let out. I assumed a tourist visa or a visa to visit my husband would already provide for the exit as I thought only libyans had to get an exit visa or residents.Well I will try to get a poster size piture of my face for them... submit the visa app. once it is translated of course lol...keep you all informed.. thanks all.

hababbi wrote:

I will be coming on a visa to visit my husband, so i am applying for a visa as a wife. I have been calling the embassy and all i get is the machine...no surprise there.
I might get in but not get out??? That isnt good, how is that possible? I know there have been issues with getting visas since that problem with g. coming here. I wasnt aware however that I could be not let out. I assumed a tourist visa or a visa to visit my husband would already provide for the exit as I thought only libyans had to get an exit visa or residents.Well I will try to get a poster size piture of my face for them... submit the visa app. once it is translated of course lol...keep you all informed.. thanks all.

Try calling the consulate number - they are the ones that handle the applications.  Call during their business hours 10-1 pm eastern time.  Often a person answers the phone during this time.

hababbi wrote:

I am well aware of how things go on when dealing with the government...to express being fustrated at dealing with it certainly shouldnt warrant someone saying ..then dont come. If anything it would warrant saying that one could expect nothing less when dealing with such things.;)
Part of the process is too get through all the crap anytime you want to travel. Exactly what I said this must be getting me ready for the rest of the crap.:)

Well, I'm being very frank.  If you're getting frustrated with the Canadian government, then you haven't seen anything yet.

thanks... too bad it has to be like that though..
I have called during business hours but no luck, I will keep trying however. :)

I certainly can't comment on how things will work re: visas if you are married to a national - I've got no experience in that realm.  Just wanted to give you a bit of a heads up that things are not quite as peachy as the Canadian gov't would like you to believe.  It's all a bit of a gamble right now as to whether or not you'll be let in or out frankly.  Assume nothing.  We are dealing with a situation that is far beyond predictable at this point.  :D

yeah to say things are unpredictable is right on. From what I heard about the Eid thing it would seem very sensible that everything else would be out of sorts. Hubby says he couldnt even pray yesterday for fear of going to jail!!! the people are talking like crazy about all that, and wondering what will happen next week...they think maybe no water maybe no electric..because many of them did the lamb sacrifice anyway. Too bad such a lot of potential there, it could be a really progressive society. oh well that must be why oppression and confusion are always at the forefront...
One has to really want to come to libya as an expat, thats why there are so many little details in getting this done, make sure you want to be here...ha just thought of something...could it be hotel california?
I lived in Norway for a year and it was the same dealing with the government there, having to get things done just right and so on. Just makes us a little more enlightened to this worlds issues when your dealing with an inconsistent government however.
Thanks L. for the heads up. I have asked my husband for a permission letter to travel, hopefully that will help ( in particular to leave LOL)

[moderated]

How come copper44's post was deleted? It was a link to a genuine photo resizing site...

:mad:

Well, we keep an eye on newcomers' posts. It looks like this new member posted a very short sentence with a link about a commercial website (in Hungary).

One of our moderation rule is quite basic: never accept "commercial links" in the very first post. 95% of the time, the  user who posted a "commercial link" never comes back (some people are paid to do this).

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Julien

nb: other resizing sites can be found here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&clie … oq=&aqi=g1

Oh WOW! Well glad to know this, glad I am not one of them:D

Now my company asked me that they can not get new bussiness visa on canadian passport. As I am holding dual citizenship so they told me to send me copy of my other country passport and its arabic translation so they can arrange my new bussiness visa.
Just let me know during travelling  being dual citizen and holding to two different passport is there any problem or not at Tripoli International Airport