I just moved here

Hi everyone! My name is Martti and I am 28 years old.

I just moved here to Düsseldorf like one week ago from Finland and now I am starting to be lonely. I would be more than happy to get some hints from the locals or from the people who have lived here about activities and so on. And i'm fine also if you just want to talk about non-senses. Don't hesitate to contact me. :)

Also if you know any nice affordable german language courses, please feel free to tip about them.

I can speak english quite fluently (I can speak it much better than I can write it) and of course as my native language I can speak finnish. I also handle the basics of swedish. I am atm. learning german by myself, but it's hard and since I can't speak it properly it makes integrating even harder.

"Ich habe einen kleine problemo. Ich spreche nicht sehr gut Deutsch."

Hello Martti.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction.

Concerning the german language courses, the Classes section (Language classes) in the Dusseldorf classifieds might help. You can post an advert there.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hallo Martti and welcome to düsseldorf. I understand you perfectly because im in the same situation. Whats your goals for düsseldorf? Im up for the non sense talk too , after a while this city can become very lonely if ur an expat :D maybe we will go out at a beer or something one of these days if you dont have anything better to do.
Have a good one,Vlad.

Hi I,m sug come from srilanka ple let me know which is better place in dusseldorf to live with family

Hi martti i am jones 23 years old new in this forum and i am glad to meet you :)

Hallo I am Tirina and we moved here in the summer, so far so good. nice to be on board with you people :).
so far I have met lots of helpful people-our English neighbours have helped us a lot and my hubby's relocation contact at work gave me a list of loads of online resources like this and toytown and expatmole.com. so i have found a lot out in a short space of time so if you need any top tips let me know :)