Kitesurfing and mountainbiking in Athens / Near Athens

Hi I am Johnni and just moved to Athens!

I usually do kitesurfing home in Denmark and looking at all the water here I could sure use some tips for a kite spot or a guided tour if anybody is up for it! The beer is on me :-)

Furthermore if anybody knows anything about mountainbiking here I am all ears - coming from a flat country as DK I can see the opportunity to do some biking here in greece!

Looking forward to meet new people - and hopefully new places to surf!

Johnni

Barthodk wrote:

Hi I am Johnni and just moved to Athens!

I usually do kitesurfing home in Denmark and looking at all the water here I could sure use some tips for a kite spot or a guided tour if anybody is up for it! The beer is on me :-)

Furthermore if anybody knows anything about mountainbiking here I am all ears - coming from a flat country as DK I can see the opportunity to do some biking here in greece!

Looking forward to meet new people - and hopefully new places to surf!

Johnni

Hi Johnni and welcome to Athens, Greece

ItŽs fairly easy to find places for kitesurfing and mountainbiking around Athens. For the latter, you can go to Ymitos, a mountain you can easily access from Papagou, Cholargos, Kaisariani and find numerous routes on and off tarmac. Penteli is another mountain ideal for that kind of stuff as well as Parnitha. You can google these places adding as keywords mountainbiking. As for kitesurfing you can go to Skinias, Loutsa, Floisvos. Again you can search through google maps and find the way to go there.

Spiros

Hey Spiros,

Thanks for the advice, I will try to check it out!

Johnni