Recycle

Any suggestions on where and how to recycle nylon shopping bags rather than dumping in the garbage and causing more pollution in Kuwait?

your best option is to re-use them for other purposes - they've only gotten to the level of recycling cardboard, paper and aluminium, plastic is quite a stretch away still.

Yeah the recycling here is not great. Trying to be an environmental teacher here is challenging to say the least. my advice is invest in the bags for life you get in carrefour and keep them in your car (if you have one) and take it with you when shopping. this way you'll not be using countless plastic bags to carry your shopping. also you can make art and crafts with plastic bags. i am gona be teaching my kids how to make table mats, handbags and jewellery out of plastic bags. every little helps i guess. :)

Ally

AllyBee, any chance you can give us that same class too? it would be great to share recycling ideas with the masses and start a positive trend here :D

id blog about it if u want too :D

hi legacy

it is actually easy to do, theres loads of examples on the internet on how to make arts and crafts with plastic bags.

heres an example
http://scraphacker.com/plastic-bag-crafty/

Ally

Cool web site, like the sandals idea :)
Thank you, Ally and Legacy

Ally....
I miss school :'(

we used to learn so much!

@Adnan  you're welcome :) yeah i thought the sandals were pretty cool

@legacy  yeah, im still learning everyday :)