Domestic violence

Hello everyone, I would like to ask you for a favour.
I am a dutch student involved in a project on domestic violence in Croatia.
There for I am investigating the Croatian culture.

I would greatly appreciate if you could tell me something about how men and women treat each other.

For instance: How are roles divided within a relationship?
Are relationships mostly traditional in the way that women take care of the children and men are responsible of the income?
How do people respond to domestic violence, do they report it without a doubt, or is there a sense of shame involved?
Any information related to the subject would be greatly appreciated!

If there are people here that have experienced domestic violence in any way, I would be very interested to get in touch. You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

not sure I can be of much help with your questions, but one thing is for sure. If you go in villages there is more of patriarchy, while in towns roles are more equally divided. Again, war shifted large masses of people from villages to towns so some influence is now present.
Maybe if you were to log in to some croatian forums you would get more answers:
www.frendice.hrwww.forum.hr

good luck!
Nikola

JeroenG wrote:

Hello everyone, I would like to ask you for a favour.
I am a dutch student involved in a project on domestic violence in Croatia.
There for I am investigating the Croatian culture.

I would greatly appreciate if you could tell me something about how men and women treat each other.

For instance: How are roles divided within a relationship?
Are relationships mostly traditional in the way that women take care of the children and men are responsible of the income?
How do people respond to domestic violence, do they report it without a doubt, or is there a sense of shame involved?
Any information related to the subject would be greatly appreciated!

If there are people here that have experienced domestic violence in any way, I would be very interested to get in touch. You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Hoi Jeroen,

Ik woon in Kroatie met mijn Kroatische vriendin, ik kom zoals je al ziet ook uit Nederland..
Ze zijn hier nog erg van de oude stempels. Probeer mijn vriendin dat ook bij te leren :)
De man staat nog steeds hoger dan de vrouw, wat inhoud dat de man voor alles zou moeten betalen. Iets wat in Nederland gelukkig al lang over is ;)
Als je je vragen naar mij toestuurd, als je nog steeds bezig ben natuurlijk met je onderzoek, zal ik ze hier even bespreken en beantwoorden..

Groetjen..