Fellow Paddleboarders...

Hi All,

I am looking for fellow Paddleboarders!  Anyone out there?!  My board finally arrives tomorrow and I am looking to get out on the water ASAP!  Also interested in doing a Paddleboarders coastal cleanup!    If you are a Paddleboarder, please pm me so we can arrange a time to get out and enjoy the gorgeous water!

Courtney

Hi.

We're coming out to Mauritius in a couple of weeks to look at schools etc with a view to potentially moving (my wife has a Mauritian passport).
I have a small SUP brand and am excited to moving the business from Europe to Mauritius but unfortunately on this trip am not bringing any boards.
What's the SUP scene like there?

phyns wrote:

Hi.

We're coming out to Mauritius in a couple of weeks to look at schools etc with a view to potentially moving (my wife has a Mauritian passport).
I have a small SUP brand and am excited to moving the business from Europe to Mauritius but unfortunately on this trip am not bringing any boards.
What's the SUP scene like there?

Hey phyns,

Good to hear from you!  As far as I can tell,  you will have very little competition here, if any!  I think you would be hitting the scene at just the right time!!  We visited last January and when I asked the hotel if they had any boards I could rent, they had no idea what I was talking about. All that to say, I bet you could do really well here!  I am sure SUP will take off like wildfire here in Mauritius...just like it has in so many other places around the world. :).

I did get a response a while back about a place called SUP Tamarin Bay. I believe they are part of the Tamarin Hotel. You can google them or find them on fb. As far as I can tell, that is the only SUP group around. I hope you will keep me posted on your move and maybe consider a little coaching on the side!!!  I'm still new at this and would love some pointers. :). And in case my board didn't make it from St Thomas to Mauritius in one piece....I will know who to contact!  Ha! (actually, I shouldn't joke about that!  I would die if my brand new board was damaged!!!!)

Also, we have a five year old son who is attending school here as well. I saw your note about your "active" toddler. Sounds like they might be a good match...  Best of luck on your visit!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,

Courtney