Newbie -- Hi!

On the 30th of September, I will be moving to Oman.  I'll be teaching at Nizwa University.  I'm both excited and sad.  I'll be living behind beautiful students and wonderful teachers at Qassim University in Saudi Arabia.

Any news about Nizwa in particular will be greatly appreciated.  It will be a new and, God willing, wonderful adventure.

till later,

Jamie

Welcome to Oman...Nizwa is really a nice place to live... clam n quiet.. u will not find fast life like in any big city however, if you wana have complete silence n peace.. Nizwa is best place.. it has some touring places too.. if you are not getting residence from your employer, then good news for you is that in Nizwa, you will find houses at very affordable prices. Nizwa is 1 hrs (Max) drive from Muscat which is a busy city and full of life.  Any thing else ??

Thanks so much for the reply.  I will land in Muscat around 11:50 on the 6th and should be in Nizwa on the 7th.  After Qassim, I believe Nizwa will be outright exciting. I probably will have many questions once I arrive.  I can't wait!

Till later,

Jamie

Hi Jammie,

Hope you would have more good time in Oman. As it is very green compare to the rest of arab world, people are more friendly and there are many natural places to visit.
cheers