Close

Saudi Expatriate's visa requirements for UAE.

Hi All,

I have been to UAE twice in last 14 months once through Batha border by road and once by air, both times; I got on-arrival visist visa without a glitch. My profession type is not the question here.

I have heard a new rumour that Saudi Expatriates wanting to enter UAE with on-arrival visit visa should have Iqama expiry in more than 6 months and not less, otherwise they will be denied entry.

Please anyone can confirm this as I'm planning to visit UAE and my iqama expires in 4 months. Not sure what to do, iqama will not be renewed unless 1 month expiry is left on it by employer.

regards,
Haroon.

i need some help to get some information.

i am planning to visit dubai with my family from Saudi Arabia.

my family is going on exit visa i my self on Re-Entry.

I have profession on my Iqama which is eligible to get visa on arrival at dubai airport.

can some one please share some information that i can get the visa having family going exit visa from saudi arabia (they dont will not have iqama).

Regards,
kashif

Aselem wahlaykom

I really want to know if for a woman it is halal , legal to do islamic studies .. I need some informations please

kashiftnt wrote:

i need some help to get some information.

i am planning to visit dubai with my family from Saudi Arabia.

my family is going on exit visa i my self on Re-Entry.

I have profession on my Iqama which is eligible to get visa on arrival at dubai airport.

can some one please share some information that i can get the visa having family going exit visa from saudi arabia (they dont will not have iqama).

Regards,
kashif

Going on exit will mean they are not GCC residents anymore so on-arrival facility will not apply. You'll have to arrange their visit visas prior to landing there.

yasmine96 wrote:

Aselem wahlaykom

I really want to know if for a woman it is halal , legal to do islamic studies .. I need some informations please

Please provide more information on what exactly do you want to know.

It is for sure 90 Days.....

Hello,,current I'm working here in KSA with a technician visa (Electrical technician for equipment maintenance, I wan't to visit Dubai this coming Holiday...am I entitled to buy visa on arrival in Dubai...Thanks and hoping for your reply!!!!!

Hi  Lito1228,

Have you go through this thread, these information posted might be helpful.

Thank you,

David.

Thank you for your advice till now I don't have solid answer from the internet,,and my airlines(flydubai)through email which I'm already book said that I'm not entitled to avail visa on arrival in Dubai,,,my profession is Electrical Technician for equipment maintenance and I'm alreay booked this coming Oct...!!!!!

Lito1228 wrote:

Thank you for your advice till now I don't have solid answer from the internet,,and my airlines(flydubai)through email which I'm already book said that I'm not entitled to avail visa on arrival in Dubai,,,my profession is Electrical Technician for equipment maintenance and I'm alreay booked this coming Oct...!!!!!

Unfortunately you aren't.

AGCC Residents who are not GCC nationals but who have a high professional status such as company managers, business people, auditors, accountants, doctors, engineers, pharmacists, or employees working in the public sector, their families, drivers and personal staff sponsored by them, are eligible for a non-renewable 30-day visa upon arrival at the approved ports of entry.

You've to arrange a visa prior to travelling.

Ref: http://www.dubaitourism.ae/definitely-d … ormalities

Sir,

   I want to travel to Dubai this coming eid with my family anyone who can advise my wife's iqama will expired on Nov 3, 2013 is it possible to travel from Riyadh to Dubai.

Your kind advise is highly appreciated..

GCC residents get 01 month visa. And your wife's iqama will be less than that. You may face problems.

someone has told me they required Original Iqama on boarder?

Yes 185/AED

I have a Saudi Residence Permit (IQAMA) with General Draftsman Profession but working as Civil/Structural Engineer, is it posible to go to Dubai or Qatar?

ecaa wrote:

I have a Saudi Residence Permit (IQAMA) with General Draftsman Profession but working as Civil/Structural Engineer, is it posible to go to Dubai or Qatar?

No, please check the below link for further details.

http://www.dubaitourism.ae/definitely-d … ormalities

hi, ive have been in ksa for 4 months and planning to go to dubai. How true that i must be in the the kingdom for 6 months or more so that ill be eligible to buy visa in the border? Btw, im a nurse by profession with valid iqama. pls help. Tnx

I am willing to travel to dubai from Dammam by saptco bus on 11th October, 2013.  My Iquma validity is 1.5 months only. I want to know that if I have the pretravel visa, issued by dubai agents and exit reentry visa with me, can I get the entry in UAE?

I need clear answer as there are only 2 days left for my travel.

kiao09 wrote:

hi, ive have been in ksa for 4 months and planning to go to dubai. How true that i must be in the the kingdom for 6 months or more so that ill be eligible to buy visa in the border? Btw, im a nurse by profession with valid iqama. pls help. Tnx

There is no precondition that you must have spend a min time in KSA in order to get visa to UAE. As long as you have the valid documentation like Exit re entry, original iqama etc then you can get visa.

hmrajpara wrote:

I am willing to travel to dubai from Dammam by saptco bus on 11th October, 2013.  My Iquma validity is 1.5 months only. I want to know that if I have the pretravel visa, issued by dubai agents and exit reentry visa with me, can I get the entry in UAE?

I need clear answer as there are only 2 days left for my travel.

Yes you can enter, if you have a valid visa and ERE. Risky though if something happens and you cant re enter in time then your visa will be lost. If you are traveling only for the holidays and intend to come back then its fine.

Thank you so much :D
more power! This blog do help alot of people.
More blessings to come...

i want to travel to dubai on visit visa , i have a valid iqama but am ander my dad's sponsership will i be able to get visa on arrival ??.....kindly help me out here need help

it seems that you are not eligible for arrival visa unless the sponsor is with you..

however clarify with UAE embassy here to avoid any confusions...

Hi guys,

Need help!

I was planning to visit my brother in Dubai  sometime next year after having my vacation in the philippines, I have a re entry visa from ksa but wanted to visit my family first in the philippines.
My brother told me he can provide me affidavit of support as my sponsor and process my visa. In short
my query is, can I enter Dubai or Abu Dhabi from the philippines? Before going back to ksa without any hassle or problems?


Your friendly advise is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Best Regards.

TonAiza

TonAiza wrote:

Hi guys,

Need help!

I was planning to visit my brother in Dubai  sometime next year after having my vacation in the philippines, I have a re entry visa from ksa but wanted to visit my family first in the philippines.
My brother told me he can provide me affidavit of support as my sponsor and process my visa. In short
my query is, can I enter Dubai or Abu Dhabi from the philippines? Before going back to ksa without any hassle or problems?


Your friendly advise is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Best Regards.

TonAiza

If you have a decent profession in your iqama and you carry the original iqama with you, then you will get visa on arrival in Dubai, even if you are coming from Philippines.

Hi HRGuru,

I'm a Biomedical Technician who works in maintenance and repair of medical Equipments ,you think it's possible for me to travel to Dubai considering I have affidavit of support, tourist visa and tickets without having any problems from the philippines?
it's my first time to visit Dubai as a tourist , but my query is can I enter Dubai before going back to KSA from Philippines having a re-entry visa here from KSA with me?

Gladly appreciated for your response HRGuru
Best Regards


TonAiza

i have a computer programmer or data entry profession on my iqama am i elilgible for visa on arrival in uae?

TonAiza wrote:

Hi HRGuru,

I'm a Biomedical Technician who works in maintenance and repair of medical Equipments ,you think it's possible for me to travel to Dubai considering I have affidavit of support, tourist visa and tickets without having any problems from the philippines?
it's my first time to visit Dubai as a tourist , but my query is can I enter Dubai before going back to KSA from Philippines having a re-entry visa here from KSA with me?

Gladly appreciated for your response HRGuru
Best Regards


TonAiza

As HRGuru also said above, you must have original iqama along. Affadavit of support or tourist visa etc is really not needed. And yes, you can  go from Philipines to Dubai. Your Iqama will prove that you are a GCC resident and so --  you'll get on-arrival visa.

boredomsucks wrote:

i have a computer programmer or data entry profession on my iqama am i elilgible for visa on arrival in uae?

These two professions are quite different. Which one do you have?

Computer programmers get on-arrival visas in GCC, data entry operators don't.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
TonAiza wrote:

Hi HRGuru,

I'm a Biomedical Technician who works in maintenance and repair of medical Equipments ,you think it's possible for me to travel to Dubai considering I have affidavit of support, tourist visa and tickets without having any problems from the philippines?
it's my first time to visit Dubai as a tourist , but my query is can I enter Dubai before going back to KSA from Philippines having a re-entry visa here from KSA with me?

Gladly appreciated for your response HRGuru
Best Regards


TonAiza

As HRGuru also said above, you must have original iqama along. Affadavit of support or tourist visa etc is really not needed. And yes, you can  go from Philipines to Dubai. Your Iqama will prove that you are a GCC resident and so --  you'll get on-arrival visa.

:up:

i confirmed it to my saudi office mate he said my iqama was computer programmer,i have 1 more question do i have to get re-entry visa from saudi before i go to dubai or any medle east country? thank you

boredomsucks wrote:

i have 1 more question do i have to get re-entry visa from saudi before i go to dubai or any medle east country? thank you

You need Exit Re-entry visa to get OUT of KSA. Not to get INTO Dubai :)

Mojud0926 wrote:

Dear Sir

I will keep that in mind, once i got that VISA/docs from my relative soon i'll get in touch and inform, from there i will get a clear solution.

i'll be keeping this blog

thanks a lot

sincerely yours

Mojud0926

Dear Mojud,

Please share your experience. How it went? Did you enter UAE without any difficulty? Did you get the job easily? What difference do you feel working in KSA and in Dubai?

please share. I have the same plan ;)

Please HELP me OUT:-

I want To visit Dubai In 13-FEB 2014...Then i have flight on 16-FEB to Lahore. I need to know about the IQAMA validity reqired for ON arrival. My IQAMA will expire on 7-5-2014.

Please advise

Thanks

Please HELP me OUT:-

I want To visit Dubai In 13-FEB 2014...Then i have flight on 16-FEB to Lahore. I need to know about the IQAMA validity reqired for ON arrival. My IQAMA will expire on 7-5-2014.

Please advise

Thanks

Hi everyone, I've been reading along and it seems like I faced different situations during my trips to Dubai before this. And it confuses me a bit, hopefully someone can shed some light.

The first trip to Dubai was easy peasy at KSA airport - I was not asked for my Iqama during check in, but I did get my passport and multiple exit/entry visa checked. Visa was not required and I proceeded to immigration clearance when I reached Dubai.

The second trip to Dubai, I was asked to produce my iqama (I only bring a copy of it, since the original was with my GR office). They confirmed that I am an engineer, and let me check in. But my iqama had less than 6 months validity. Passport and multiple exit/entry visa check done as usual. Visa not required like before.

My understanding is that, if I sort out the exit and re-entry on KSA part, I will just need to use my Malaysian passport to enter UAE (be it Dubai, Sharjah or Abu Dhabi) - granted I would need to have more than 6 months validity for my passport. But why was I asked for my iqama during my second visit, before leaving KSA?

Is it not acceptable to enter UAE as a Malaysian passport holder if my point of entry is from KSA? Do I have to be considered as a KSA resident permit holder leaving KSA, entering UAE?

modjo wrote:

Hi everyone, I've been reading along and it seems like I faced different situations during my trips to Dubai before this. And it confuses me a bit, hopefully someone can shed some light.

The first trip to Dubai was easy peasy at KSA airport - I was not asked for my Iqama during check in, but I did get my passport and multiple exit/entry visa checked. Visa was not required and I proceeded to immigration clearance when I reached Dubai.

The second trip to Dubai, I was asked to produce my iqama (I only bring a copy of it, since the original was with my GR office). They confirmed that I am an engineer, and let me check in. But my iqama had less than 6 months validity. Passport and multiple exit/entry visa check done as usual. Visa not required like before.

My understanding is that, if I sort out the exit and re-entry on KSA part, I will just need to use my Malaysian passport to enter UAE (be it Dubai, Sharjah or Abu Dhabi) - granted I would need to have more than 6 months validity for my passport. But why was I asked for my iqama during my second visit, before leaving KSA?

Is it not acceptable to enter UAE as a Malaysian passport holder if my point of entry is from KSA? Do I have to be considered as a KSA resident permit holder leaving KSA, entering UAE?

Its allowed to enter since you have a Malaysian passport, but since your arrival and departure destination is GCC they have to make sure that you have a valid visa to where you are going, especially in case you are traveling to KSA.  I had to go through the same routine even though I came from a different country to Dubai, via different airline, in the end they asked for my iqama and passport to make sure that I had a valid visa on arrival and departure from KSA.

I am MAJORLY confused because of the Iqama validity question for Visa On Arrival for Dubai.

One of my close friends (iqama profession is good enough) just tried to go over the weekend through air-arabia. His iqama had 4 month expiry and he was NOT allowed to board saying that 6 months validity is required for Dubai Visa on-arrival.
He checked with Etihad also and they said the same thing.

However, my profession is Engineer and I went to dubai last time through Saudi Airlines in end Nov when my iqama had a 5 month validity. No problems. Got through.

Seems kind of arbitrary..!!
Or was I lucky and nobody noticed the 5 months??

expat_malik wrote:

I am MAJORLY confused because of the Iqama validity question for Visa On Arrival for Dubai.

One of my close friends (iqama profession is good enough) just tried to go over the weekend through air-arabia. His iqama had 4 month expiry and he was NOT allowed to board saying that 6 months validity is required for Dubai Visa on-arrival.
He checked with Etihad also and they said the same thing.

However, my profession is Engineer and I went to dubai last time through Saudi Airlines in end Nov when my iqama had a 5 month validity. No problems. Got through.

Seems kind of arbitrary..!!
Or was I lucky and nobody noticed the 5 months??

For any travel, as per international law 6 months validity of passport / residence permit (in case of GCC) is required. But then again its not enforced some times and this is what happened in  your case. Guess your friend was just plain unlucky.

Dear Friends

My iqama validity is one year my profession in Sr System Analyst but my passport expiry is 5 month can i get dubai on-arrival visa

HI My name is Rashid an I am planning to visit Dubai by end of Jan 2014. My passport will expire on 14th March 2014 and iqama will expirt on shaban 1435.

My profession is computer programmer do I need the visa from here OR I get the visa on dubai airport.

secondly my passport is ok althrough it will expire after 3 months.

Please reply

Questions and answers about visas

medical exam for iqama
Visa agent in the UK

Moving to Saudi Arabia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Saudi Arabia

International Money Transfer

Currency Exchange and Money Transfer Specialists

Travel insurance in Saudi Arabia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Saudi Arabia

Flights to Saudi Arabia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Saudi Arabia