Guidance/ Advice required for choosing new job at Bahrain

Dear Friends,

I am Harsh from Chennai India i am having 4.5 Years of experience in Project sales at present i am getting 28000 INR Per month in India  i am having a offer in Bahrain with following salary 450 BD break up follows

Basic : BD 275/-

HRA : BD 125/-   

Tel : BD 25/-       

Petrol : BD 25/-

Company Maintained Car

Medical – As per company policy

Economy class Joining ticket and thereafter, your passage will be Mumbai after successful completion of 2 years.

Family Status (wife and 2 children up to the age of 18 years)

21 days paid leave after successful completion of 1 year

So i have to look after for my Accommodation and Food  kindly guide me whether this salary will be enough to survive in Bahrain ? how about the cost of living there?(Ie, accommodation charges, Internet and mobile prices) Please advice me as i am having no friends and relatives there to discuss this.. Thanks in Advance...

Hi harbaski!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hi harbaski and Welcome to the Forum :)

With the budget you mentioned, you would be able to survive in Bahrain (If just survival is what you are looking for :D ). I don't know whether you would be able to find a decent accommodation for you and your family with the said amount or not but the nice thing about Bahrain is that if you do little bit of research, you may come across what will suit your budget.

Other expenses depends mainly on your lifestyle but if you are looking for a moderate lifestyle, you should be ok.

Good Luck :)

Hi harbaski,
No hope, 450 Bd for a family of four means misery.Unless Vidodido would invite you and your family for supper every evening...:D

anna66 wrote:

No hope, 450 Bd for a family of four means misery.Unless Vidodido would invite you and your family for supper every evening...:D

What's not enough for you might be more than enough for others ;)

@anna66 ... Welcome back, I missed you :lol::P:joking:

Ahahahahah I knew that! I have missed your blablabla too!:P:P

Dear Friends,

Thank you very much for your reply i forgot to mention i am single. So if i can able to save some money with this offer (450 BHD) apart from my acomdation and food expences?

harbaski wrote:

Dear Friends,

Thank you very much for your reply i forgot to mention i am single. So if i can able to save some money with this offer (450 BHD) apart from my acomdation and food expences?

So... you divorced so quickly???
harbaski, in your previous post you wrote: Family Status (wife and 2 children up to the age of 18 years).

Uhm....  yes,  you will get rich, very rich... :lol:

@ anna 66 :  i mentioned in my second post clearly "I forgot to mention !! " those are the words(family status) given by the employer in his offer letter. hope mistakes will happen for everyone . i may be not that much smart like you !!

harbaski wrote:

@ anna 66 :  i mentioned in my second post clearly "I forgot to mention !! " those are the words(family status) given by the employer in his offer letter. hope mistakes will happen for everyone . i may be not that much smart like you !!

Ufff... you are not smart if you not negotiate your salary. 
To answer your question again: Bahrain is expensive.
Good Luck!

450BD is enough to live. So is 150BD. But why would you move to another country to suffer? That's what I don't understand.

Hi Harsh,

Welcome to Bahrain. :) 450 is a good salary for single :) but your basic is 275 :( so anyways its good deal for a start in Bahrain. Whether the salary is enough for you or not, depends on how you spend. :rolleyes:

Don't leave this opportunity and salary can be increased by your performance if you trust yourself.

Hey company is providing you car.... :D Let me know once you are in Bahrain.

Enjoy Bahrain, ;)

shayeen :cool: