Bored to death in Lyon

Hi, all! I study in Lyon this year, and obviously i am also stuck in this city for that period of time. Needless to say how bored i am. Looking for someone to spend time with (walking or chating or idk). I am not very sociable nor do i like the extremely sociable people. I like them smart.

I speak both english and french at a decent level.

With my best intentions i try to spare of tireing themselves those who will explain how much fun it can be here, by telling that the tastes are not the same for everyone.

Hi Andariel!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Hello Andariel,

Welcome to Lyon. I got here last year from NYC and I am slowly making friends here in the city. Since I work as a web developer dealing with clients online I am in cotrol of my work hours.. in otherwords I am free most of the time....

Also, there is so much to this city that I still keep descovering... Would love to descover more...

In the meantime enjoy your stay.

Rocky

Hi, rockyn2020!

Thanks for the reply. What are the best things/places u discovered here? Anything worth leaving the pc for a few hours? How do you find the people? Did u liked this town since your arrival or it came in time?

Have a nice (rainy) day!

Thanks,

It depends what type of stuff you find interesting..
If you wish to explore let me know..

I play drums so I met people through my band.. I also went to French classes so I met few noce people.

Enjoy the rainy night as well ;-)

Rocky

slt le 69 sa se passe a dubai moi sa roul jai kiter lyon avec la plui et issi il fai tjour bo c la klass nen

Hi mal6,

I think a confusion have arise, this is an anglophone forum could you please stick to english ;).

Thank you,
Melissa

Hello Andariel,

I can undestand you very well, I experienced the same feelings, just I learned how to deal with them :) I have been living in Lyon since 2009. Even though I came to work with a group of my compatriots and my working enviroment is ultra-international (12 different nationalities together) I had my most difficult and boring years all my lifetime.

I think not being a Francophone and very different lifestyle and behaviors of French people (at least for me it is like that) make your adaptation process harder.

During this time, I spend more time to myself and my hobbies. For example I learned how to ski, Lyon has excellent location for ski resorts and I had several trips Europe abroad (Lyon is close to too many interesting travel destinations.

But of course you still have interesting things to do in Lyon we can keep in contact about that if you want.

Enjoy your stay in Lyon...

well, if you like Dubaï why bother coming back ?

Ms. andariel,

Good Evening!

If u have time now we can meet ouside for chating with cuop of coffee.

Hi Andariel!
I lived in Lyon for a few years and met great persons through the site OVS.com (it stands for "on va sortir").

It's not at all a dating site, they rather organize activities and you can join as you like.

I hope that helps,
Enjoy your time!
Katia