Cost of Living in Kuwait

Very recently I got a job in Kuwait city. I need to no what is the cost

for sharing accommodation? [furnished sharing accommodation with internet+a/c+other utilities]

fooding cost avg in a month- I know cooking its advantage for me.

Transportation cost?

My offered in hand salary is 700 KD

so how much i have to spend and how much i can save. if the general standered of living.

T&R

Dipankar Paul
[email protected]

KD700 is more than enough to survive in kuwait...i guess you'll be able to afford your own accomodation...but, if you want to economise, you can opt for shared accomodation...now, coming to the rent, it all depends on the location...say, if you want to stay in salmiya, or maybe abbasiya, its gonna be a little expensive...but again, you'll never know...the best thing for you to do is, go house hunting...a double room flat can be as cheap as KD170...all the best to you...God bless :)

i agree with sue....700 is fine

regards
Hamad

I would like to ask if the salary bracket I'm reading is by monthly or weekly? I was up for an interview to work in a restaurant do you have any information for me how much is the salary bracket for this job.

Thanks

10kwd=1,559inr internet

15kwd=2,339inr laundry if washing clothes at home 3kd= 467 inr

25kwd=3,899inr eating outside

8kd=1,247inr home cooking

trasportation in taxi from office to home and home to office 80kd=12,477inr this is permonth

trasportation on taxi for single trip will cost you between 1-3kd depend on the distance of the journey that is 155inr-467inr

if you travel by bus for one trip it will cost you 0.200fils=32inr if you want like permonth then i will recommend you to make a bus pass that will cost you 10kd permonth =1,559inr

rent the minimum for normal double room one bathroom one kitchen will cost you between 150kd to 200kd

so to summrize

room=200kd
internet dsl=10kd
laundry if outside=15kd
eating at resturent=25kd
trasportation by taxi=80kd
total equals=330kd=51,122inr

that means you are saving 440kd=68,163inr

by the way what are you qualifiqation and what job you are offerd?

depend on what u want to eat .. whats ur schedule ?
where u likes to go? what kind of cloth you going to buy? ..ect

Yeah I agree with the 700KD. But transportation can be an issue as well, public transportation is not very easy to catch.

Hi,
I am moving to Kuwait in a month, I have an offer of 700KD, accomodation and transportation is by the company. How much will be expenditure and my savings. How much will it cost for food, house utensils, phone and other expenditures.

Generally the standard of living is pretty good. I can reccommend the following article that outlines some of the articlesalley.com/article.detail.php/188118/170/Social_Issues/Culture_and_Society/32/The_Difference_in_Living_Costs_between_Kuwait_and_the_UK-costs of living in Kuwait.

Dear Members,

Greetings of the day....

I have been offered a job in one of the reputed Kuwaiti Government Company with KWD 3500 p.m. all inclusive.

I will be moving with my wife, no kid.

1. We wish to rent a not more than 1000 sq.ft. furnished flat. What could be probable rent/month?

2. In furnished flat what are the assessories we may expect?

3. We go out once in a week to dine. What would the cost in a decent restaurant for 2?

4. We don't lead a very costly life where fooding is concerned, but, how much we would be needing per month behind food?

5. Initially I would be needing a car which I wish to hire monthly along with Driver till I buy one. What would be the rent and driver's salary?

6. Monthly electricity, gas, water etc. are included with house rent or additional? If yes, how much?

7. 4G unlimited Internet per month cost how much?

May be I am boring you by stretching...

It would nice to have this basic info at this stage.

Thanks in advance.