Job offer from SIST on behalf of Cardiff Met University for PNU

Greetings!

I received a job offer for an ESL position at PNU from SIST on behalf of Cardiff Met University. I have searched the forums and cannot find anything on this company. Has anyone had any experience with this agency?

Thanks in advance for your help!

survivant91

Hello survivant91.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope other members will give you some informations about this company.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I never heard of them (and I'm familiar with this topic!).

I suggest going to www.DavesESLCafe.com , to the KSA teachers' forum, and check out the threads.  If you register (free), you can also ask questions.

Best of luck!

Thank you for the welcome!

Thank you for the helpful information I will checkout the site.

survivant91

It can be a little tricky to find so here, I've gotten the link for you:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewforum.php?f=29

Alliecat,

Thank you for the link. I was able to finally get in contact with my source working at King Saud and I was informed they are a credible company hiring for the PYP for PNU. I was very happy to hear that!

Thank you again!

Survivant91

You do know, however, that there are least a half dozen recruiters for PNU, if not more (although they often say something about having an 'exclusive' contract :rolleyes: ).

Your search, however, doesn't end with finding out they're real-- you now need to find out how they treat the people they recruit.

Alliecat,

I appreciate your help. I am a wise woman who knows the importance of researching a company prior to signing on with them:-)

Thank you again.

survivant91

Best of luck to you! :)

Thank you:)

Hi survivant 91,

I'm in the same position as you and would be interested in any information you find about the company, housing, etc. I'll share too :)

It looks likea great opportunity but of course I want to research before I accept.

Best of luck x

Hiya girls!

I have been offered the same position, also by SIST.

I've already signed on the job offer; now waiting for the contract and visa from PNU.

It looks there is nothing strange on this.......SIST Univ. is associated with Met Univ. in Cardiff and, the most important, since we are not asked for any money, what would be the benefit for SIST-recruiters just hiring us? I mean, there is no point to be a fake or fraud as they are not getting money from us......don't u think girls?

Anyway, if u find some more information, please let me know it. I'll do the same with u :)

Regards

Hi BritGirlTeacher & Coffee&ice! I have not found out any new information about the company as of yet. I know the company is legit but I would like to hear from others who have or are currently working for them. I hear the accommodations are located on PNU so they must be nice:-) I wish you Ladies the best as well and look forward to meeting you.

coffee&ice wrote:

Hiya girls!

I have been offered the same position, also by SIST.

I've already signed on the job offer; now waiting for the contract and visa from PNU.

It looks there is nothing strange on this.......SIST Univ. is associated with Met Univ. in Cardiff and, the most important, since we are not asked for any money, what would be the benefit for SIST-recruiters just hiring us? I mean, there is no point to be a fake or fraud as they are not getting money from us......don't u think girls?

Anyway, if u find some more information, please let me know it. I'll do the same with u :)

Regards

I never doubted that they were legit but you need to get feedback on how they treat you after you sign. 

BTW, they're not the only game in town--there are at least a half dozen recruiters and recruiters are not all created equal lol  In some cases, there are even salary differences!! 

Best of luck to you all :)

I agree with Allie. Plus, it doesn't matter how "nice" the SIST recruiter is because they're not the employer.  You need to find out what entity that is and then research them. And you might want to check out recent posts on Dave's ESL Cafe about being hired by PNU. The latest thread is rather "interesting."

Hello all,

Firstly, thank you very much for ur comments and advices.

Secondly, I've read about PNU contracts, etc. on PNU Forum. Moreover, I have already contacted 2 girls who have taugh at PNU.

Both of them say the experience was positive, and both girls were contracted by PNU.

The thing is I'm wishing to receive the contract and ready for the adventure. FINGERS CROSSED!!

coffee&ice wrote:

Hello all,

Firstly, thank you very much for ur comments and advices.

Secondly, I've read about PNU contracts, etc. on PNU Forum. Moreover, I have already contacted 2 girls who have taugh at PNU.

Both of them say the experience was positive, and both girls were contracted by PNU.

The thing is I'm wishing to receive the contract and ready for the adventure. FINGERS CROSSED!!

Good luck! :)

Which email address did you write to?
It is weird that the email was undelivered...

Hiya Lanara_27,

They are exactly the same guys who contacted me too. I also signed on the job offer with them and they sent it back to me signed and stamped.

It is very strange your emails were undelivered as I perfectly remember I have written them to those email addresses.

Well, FINGERS CROSSED!! they are supposed to be on holidays till the end of October. We should receive news from them once Nov starts ASAP!!

Whenever I receive news from them, I will let you know it.
Please, do the same.

Let's keep in touch. Is that ok for you?

By the way, where are you from?

Take care :)

Lovely!! I've just done EXACTLY the same :)

also received the same automatic reply than you.

I think the process is going well, however, too SLOWLY!!

FINGERS CROSSED and let's think that we will meet at PNU very soo :)

Yes, keep in touch.

Meanwhile, enjoy urself!

u welcome dear! :)

Hi Lanara_27 and Coffee&ice! I agree, the process is just slow. I was in contact with them last week prior to their leave and was told my contract is in the process of being completed. We just have to be patient. That's what I keep telling myself:)

would like to know if you have received any feedback,on the visa from SIST for PNU