Somenone know where could i buy turpentine ?

My teacher will come to Cairo in this late month,to do painting and scheching for one month ,and he don't know where have the  oil paint store.could you help me?

I'm An Digital Artist and used to buy and work with many art material & stuff including oil painting materials and more in the old days now I'm more digital than before..:)

At the beginning i would say there is no specialized oil paint specialized store in Egypt as all the art materials stores here sell different art fields materials under the same roof.

The answer for your question depends on what you need to buy..

However all your needs can be found in Zamalek area around the Fine arts & art education faculties.. in this area you would find many local stores and branches of big companies that sell art material .. (different materials quality and prices vary between high quality over priced materials and student quality with reasonable prices)

Then the second place would be Down town area with less options as you would be dealing only with branches of big companies but still powerful option with all your needs there as you would find most of the great imported stuff there. (real professional quality materials and sure the most expensive higher prices)

The third place would be Dokki area around the Faculty of Specific Education with cheap and very much affordable prices .. you would find local stores and most of your needs but very much cheaper than the Zamalek or Down Town (mostly the materials of student quality)

Those 3 options are the best to go for.. however there still other options that may help..

- The first option would be Stationery companies.. 1) Alwan 2) Samir & Ali 3) Bernasos .. those companies stores are found all over Cairo and you would find wide range of art materials

- Big Hyper markets like Carrefour & Spinneys have small divisions that sell samples of the art materials.. but not the best quality or the cheapest prices either..

- The last option If you are just looking for turpentine or very cheap oil paint brushes (but not fancy quality) you can go to normal local Stationery stores & the stores that sell architecture & wall painting materials (it is called "Mawan" here Egypt) that can found in every big streets and corner around Cairo.

some of Big Stationery companies Stores:

Name:  Alwan Alwan is good place to find all your needs and you would find different branches around Cairo beside it is specialized in art materials only.

This is the best branch with unlimited options and all the sellers there are very friendly; I used to buy most of my stuff from there.

Shopping Address: 25 Sherif Street
Area: Downtown
Telephone: 0223932199

Other branches i was dealing with

Shopping Address: 19 Jeddah Towers, ,Ismail Mohamed St.
Area: Zamalek
Telephone: 0227380565

Shopping Address: 1 Kamel Sedqy St. ,El Fagalah
Telephone: 0225888063

Name: Samir & Ali the second best option with wide range of materials quality and prices

Shopping Address: Nile Towers, 2 Dr. Taha Hussein St.
Area: Zamalek
Telephone: 19891, 0227364205

Shopping Address: 8 Mourad St.
Area: Giza
Telephone: 19891, 0235724775

Shopping Address: 17, El Nasr St. ,New Maadi
Area: Maadi
Telephone: 19891, 0225165841

Name: Bernasos not the best but you can find may options there

Shopping Address: 30 Sherif St.
Telephone: 0223925821

Shopping Address: 7 El Sultan Shaaban St. ,El Fagalah
Telephone: 0225899216

Shopping Address: 2nd District, Plot #59
Area: 6th of October City
Telephone: 0238357188

Shopping Address: 72 Zaker Hussein St.
Area: Nasr City
Telephone: 0222619207

Shopping Address: 15 Ahmed Oraby St.
Area: Mohandiseen
Telephone: 0233457806

I wish that you find this info helpful and you still can ask me what ever you need or any help.

Thank you very much!it's really useful for us.thank you!