Would you miss Egypt?

When you return back to your home country what would you miss from Egypt? and what would you like to take back with you..?:)

the weather and... the weather :cool:

@Mrs Ismail, I believe that Ismailia is named "The little Paris".. is that true :).. there are many lovely places specially in the "Afrang" area where villas are every where and great climate all over the year beside a refreshing clean air due to being near the sea side and gardens all over the city and there is no pollution there .. sure that is different that London I'm glad that you love the weather although you are not feeling good in your neighborhood. :(

I love Ismailia in itself, especially compared to Cairo, its like we are not in the same country!

I live in Afrang area and there are some lovely houses here... I don't live in  one btw!... well the ones you can see anyway as most are covered in trees - I don't know how they get natural light in the house! LOL

But yes, the cars are less so so is the pollution. It is great being near the canal and hearing the big ships, in the distance, blow their horns a 5 am when all is quiet.

And yes the town has many parks... just a shame that the many nice ones are owned by Suez Canal Company and adults have to pay 40LE to get in on weekends!

But other than that its boring LOL - I am a city girl at heart so miss being somewhere where there are 101 things to do!

Oh I feel like such a moaner but I do appreciate Ismailia for its good points and I know I will miss it once I'm gone. :)

You are totally true i can't agree no more.. Ismailia is very lovely and interesting city; over all is one of the most quiet and very relaxing Egypt cities which is completely different from Cairo as we don't have such amazing gardens, parks or open spaces. :(

You are very lucky to live in the Afrang area and I'm sure you love it, it is very nice neighborhood with trees all around the calm silent streets. The natural light enter the old houses from the big glass windows and from the upside..lol :lol:

I wish that Cairo had such clean unpolluted fresh air breath even i had been thinking of reallocation there or at least spend the weekends there On Contradiction with Cairo which there are more than 10001 things to be done everyday believe me Cairo is very busy and overloaded, crowded with major traffic and pollution issues..

But as you consider yourself a city girl you can take a ride to Cairo and enjoy your time specially at weekends.. Cairo is about 90 min drive from Ismailia. I had been moving between Cairo and Ismalia for work project on a daily basis for about a month and assume it would be so easy for you to try it at least once.:cool:

I'm sorry that you are thinking of leaving; :( may be if you take a chance to know the real soul of Egypt and living in the big city would change your mind :)

I did live in Cairo in 2010, and as a free - meaning not working - and single young women it was great fun. But married and with a young child, I would not live in Cairo again. London is a bit more family friendly :D

I would love to travel to Cairo every weekend for some fun and know people that do. But I'm afraid I avoid that Cairo/Ismailia road as in 1 year both my husband and mother have nearly dead on that road and I have known of so many accidents, one where a friend of my husbands did sadly die, that it scares me so much!
That road needs much love and attention! :/

I love Egypt, have done for years, and after living here for 18 months I do feel like I know Egypt's true soul. 
You have to separate the good from the bad and enjoy life as much as you can. :D

With my husbands family here and with a daughter who is half Egyptian, I hope to benefit from the best of both worlds - UK & Egypt - especially for my daughters sake.
But right now work and day to day life is a struggle for the common man in Egypt.
And it will be a long time until Egypt is on the right path. Miracles won't happen overnight.

I'm so sorry for your husband friend over that I felt sorrow from how you described Cairo/Ismalila road specially compered to many other roadways in Egypt; may be that was the history of this road but i had traveled 2 times daily using this road many times during last May & June and i didn't feel what you are saying.. i wish it is just Coincidence so try to use it and i pray safety for all.

May be you start to get into Egypt true soul but for sure Ismalia is just one angle and aspect of how Egypt look as Cairo is not all what Egypt got.. :cool:

I agree that living in Egypt is turning hard to be like a endless struggle for life and sometimes for just keeping breathing :( which isn't even easy for a school kid or a single man so you can imagine how it would be for a young couple .. It's a fact can't be denied but we work for a better tomorrow and the best for Egypt.

Mrs Ismail i would recommend you take a chance to visit Alex. it is a great coastal city beside there are more work opportunists than Ismailia beside it is much cleaner and pretty than Cairo with many nice neighborhood to rise a child and it got its own taste of life wither day or night so you wouldn't miss the city lights there and you would find there many British expats chooses to live in Alex. for ever :) I bet you would love it :D