5 good reasons for living in the Virgin Islands

Hi,

if someone asks you the best reasons for making the choice to live and stay in the Virgin Islands, what would be your top 5?

Thanks in advance for participating,

Julien

right now, I would wait until the economy improves in the VI before relocating. There is much uncertainty: very few jobs, inadequate healthcare availability and the very high cost of electricity and the electric companies inability to keep it on. (frequent outtages).

In time, hopefully the infrastructure problems in the VI will improve.

We were forced to relocate to Puerto Rico due to the inability of my husband to keep on getting his healthcare in the VI. He gets his treatment from the Veterans Admin and they were sending him to PR for treatment so we had to relocate.

:offtopic:

Honestly about the only things I can come up with for wanting to move here is if you want to do things slowly and I mean everything. There are LONG waits in the stores because they only have so many cashiers open, the banks have LONG lines, the hospital has only so many staff. For someone who doesn't like to rush even this is too much for me.

The beaches are beautiful, the towns are in bad shape but there is so much history and beauty to be seen. There are also sights to be had all around the Island like the natural pools, the old lighthouse, the great houses, old sugar mills.

I guess the 5 reasons for me would be:
2. History
3. Beaches
4. Having that Island experience
5. Food